Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rear tyre – minion dhr, dhf or high roller?
  • stevede
    Free Member

As per thread title, after a new back tyre for now until next summer for my five, ride quite a bit of dh as well as regular trail riding so needs to go up as well as down and around.
    Running a specialized eskar 2bliss on the front which i quite like but want a dual ply for the rear as i hate pinch flats and the eskar armadillo casing is £40 so for that i might as well go maxxis.
    I'm thinking a 60a compound on the rear – is this sensible? Heard a few suggestions of a minion dhf on the rear – if you use this then does it go on the opposite way around to normal?
    My summer tyre on the rear is a larsen tt dual ply so i guess anything will grip well in comparison in mud!
    Cheers in advance,
    Steve

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

I've just stuck a Minion DHF backwards on the rear. I can't afford a new one at the mo, and this was lying in the garage. Does seem a lot grippier than I remember any other tyre being that I've used on the back. Not sure how it'll roll on smoother stuff though, and it's a 42a.

Militant_biker

I was running a 42a DHF 2.35 on the back this summer, running the same way as the front IIRC, as it was 99% DH. Fine for dry trails, but perhaps the High Roller would be better if it's to run through the winter?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rear tyre – minion dhr, dhf or high roller?’ is closed to new replies.