• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rear spacing on Tricross Singlespeed?
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I won one of these on eBay at the weekend but will need a back wheel – trying to get ahead of the game by ordering one before the frame gets here….

Anyone know the rear Hub spacing?

JoB
    Free Member

120mm (track spacing) which is annoying

john_l
    Free Member

yup, what he said.

Nice frame though.

timbur
    Free Member

Lovely to ride.
    120mm as per the other two south coast SS knowledgable ones.

velocipede
    Free Member

Cool – thanks all – I thought that would be the case – the hunt begins!!

Bez

I remember a time when any thread with “singlespeed” in the title would see the forum’s entire population turn up. Is the singlespeed’s natural habitat now limited to the South Downs? Do we rate it “vulnerable” or just “near threatened”? 😉

bentudder

Near threatened here on the North Downs. Anecdata suggests it’s all about £5,000+ custom Santa Cruz builds and enduro-mincing down the same trails.
    Must be that microclimate on t’other side of the Weald that fosters singlespeeding. 😉

Oh, and yes, they’re lovely, lovely bikes. I use mine riding along the North Downs Way to work every now and then.

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve bought this one for no other reason than it was a total giveaway price and I couldn’t resist it! The prices on single speeds seem to have died a death, which is good if you’re still into it and terrible if you have some kit to sell!

I’m building it up fixed to add a bit of “spice” to my offload adventures….not for the first time so I should really know better!

cp

Big fan of the single cross here. Recently sold one but luckily the guy I sold it to didn’t have the space so I bought it back 🙂 phew, that was close!

Bez

The prices on single speeds seem to have died a death

If it were easy to find frames with >60cm top tubes I would be excited by this statement 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rear spacing on Tricross Singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.