Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • rear shock top hat reducers
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Are the rockshox and fox eyelet with and diameters the same? Just need to know if we can swap a fox shock onto a rockshox equipped one to test it out. E2e and stroke length are the same, it’s just mounting them. Don’t have both bikes together right now.

Cheers.

boxelder

Fox diameter is 1/2″
    RS was 10mm, then 1/2″, then 12mm. Not sure what they are now though. If boths shocks have bushes in, it’s only the width that matters. However the bolts can be 6mm or 8mm (FOX). Not really helped has it?
    What are the frames?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got a friend with a monarch on a Kona. Just wondering if we can try the fox from a stumpjumper to see if they like it any better.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shameless bump!

Anyone else know?

Tim
    Free Member

Ar the frames the same travel and are the shocks the same stroke? If not its a fairly meaningless test, and even so the leverate rates may be different betwene the frames so the damping will eb setup differently 🙂

i’d stick a rule across it, or some verniers if you want to be accurate 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Same E2e, stroke and travel. That’s why we thought we’d give them a go. Just wondering if they’ll mount to the frames.

catfood
    Free Member

No you cant. Rockshox are 12mm, Fox are 12.7mm. Just put a Fox shock on a bike that had a Rockshox on, different size so I had to go shopping. TFTuned sell the kits but dont do top hats only the heavy duty ones and they are £15 each.

catfood
    Free Member

Actually on second thoughts it may be possible, it depends on the year of manufacture of the Rockshox shock, RockShox ’03-’04 and ’08 (inc. Vivid and Monarch), are 12.7mm which is the same as Fox shocks, RockShox ’05-’07, DNM rear shocks are 12mm.
    This is according to the TFTuned website, hope it helps.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Monarchs are 12.7mm 1/2″

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I assume you mean diameter. Does and one know the width of the eyelets?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The du bushes are 1/2″ ID by 1/2″ wide on both.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘rear shock top hat reducers’ is closed to new replies.