Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear shock, switching from Fox to RockShox, what do I need?
  • Painey
    Free Member

Looks like my rear shock is toast and instead of getting it repaired I fancy switching to RS. I need to get it all ordered ASAP as off to Coed Y Brenin in a week’s time and I won’t get the bike back for a couple of days.

The shock I’m replacing is a 2012 Fox RP23 with standard volume eyelets and an offset mounting kit, which I’d like to keep. Is there anyway I can use the same mounting kit on a Rockshox rear shock?

wiggles
    Free Member

Most shocks use 12.7mm hardware so should just swap over you will need DUs for the new shock at least though

Painey
    Free Member

That’s kind of what I was thinking and I have bushes in the garage anyway. I guess my main curiosity was is the eyelet a different width?

deviant
    Free Member

I usually give the LBS my new shock and a few days later it magically appears working and on the bike.

Painey
    Free Member

My LBS is Evans cycles so I prefer to do as much of my own work as possible…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve just swapped my Fox float to a Monarch Plus. Helpfully, everything I needed came in the box.

However, if you go for a Monarch with a Debonair can, you’ll need to account for air volume reducers. These (unhelpfully) don’t come in the box and cost about £13 for four rubber bands. I assume that they’re made of some sort of expensive unobtainium polymer or something.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock, switching from Fox to RockShox, what do I need?’ is closed to new replies.