• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by robd.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rear shock sizing.
  • robd

Anyone got any experiences of popping a very slightly different shock size on the bike. I fancy a CC DB inline, bike is 216 x 54 but closest they make is 216 x 57. Thoughts?

coatesy
    Free Member

You may run into problems at full travel, tyres touching seat-tube, linkages fouling etc. I’d try drilling a piece of wood(or similar) to take your shock bolts at 216mm-57mm to simulate full travel, then check very carefully for likely contact points.They aren’t cheap, so it’s an expensive mistake for want of 10 mins in the workshop if it doesn’t work.

rocketman
    Free Member

bike is 216 x 54

measured or stated?

Mine was a few mm less than the stated shock size when I measured it

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i thought if eye to eye was the same you’d probably be ok…

Northwind

Depends basically on how tightly designed the bike is- with my Hemlock frinstance it’s all very well packaged so there’s really not much space to muck about. But if it’s got some spare clearance there’s a good chance it’ll be fine

nickgti
    Free Member

even though the eye to eye is the same the longer stroke will give it more travel if I’m correct? but to work out how much more travel you would need to know the leverage numbers etc that how I understand it anyway

robd

Thanks all, I have 6mm of clearance at full travel on the current shock with all the air taken out. Seems to be a choice of either risk it or not.

foxman
    Free Member

TFTuned will custom make you one the right length if you require , Ring & speak to Dave.

LoCo
    Free Member

What bike is the shock fitted to out of interest?

robd

Spesh enduro 2011 model. Does say no fit on cane creek website also.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock sizing.’ is closed to new replies.