Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear shock sags wayyy too much
  • sammo12321
    Free Member

The product: Rockshox ario.

The issue:tried 3 different shockpumps on the shock and it’s currently at 200 psi, I’m a big chap at 15 stone. But surely it shouldn’t be at full travel when I sit on it?
    Another thing, the shock gets to 100 psi with 3 strokes of the pump?

The solution: ?????????????? NAFC (not a **** clue)

sammo12321
    Free Member

And no wisecracks about skipping breakfast! 😉

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Add more pressure? I’m sure I need 250 psi in my fox shock.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats the pressure chart say for 15st?

theotherjonv

Getting to 200 psi in 3 pumps sounds wrong. My monarch takes dozens to get to 170. Sounds like the air isn’t going into the shock and you’re measuring the pressure in the hose. Have you screwed it on far enough to open the Schrader valve? Try pressing the nipple thing with a small sscrewdriver, does it release pressure, maybe it’s stuck?

sammo12321
    Free Member

That’s what I thought theotherjonv, but it releases air as it should and the valve doesn’t seem to be damaged in any way.
    The shock was completely decompressed due to having to post it recently (last 6 months)

sammo12321
    Free Member

The rockshox manual also says not to pump it beyond 250 psi :/ hmmm.. time for a strip down and service I think. 🙂

ticsmon

I had the same problem with my fox shock and I just wasn’t screwing the shock pump on hard enough. Don’t know if it was the new pump but seems a lot easier now.

milky1980
    Free Member

My current shock pump (old ROckShox thing) has a habit of the end slowly unscrewing until it won’t connect properly. Half way to this point it will release the valve so that you can inflate it but the air won’t flow through so it looks like it has added pressure but hasn’t. See if you can borrow a mate’s pump first to test.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That sounds like a stuck down shook to me. The symptoms certainly fit that it’s a fairly easy fix, but wise to stick a new seal kit in it whilst it’s in bits. An air can service is what’s needed basically. 🙂

sammo12321
    Free Member

Thank you very much chaps, I stripped and serviced it, put the shock pump back on and voila! Now running 200 psi at a good sag level and it feels proper again!

Sunday ride before a roast by misses12321 I think!
    Thank you and enjoy!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Lay off the pies! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thank you very much chaps, I stripped and serviced it, put the shock pump back on and voila! Now running 200 psi at a good sag level and it feels proper again!

Sounds about right. Did it go POP when you opened it? If so it was stuck down.
    Glad you got it sorted through 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock sags wayyy too much’ is closed to new replies.