Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rear shock Rockshox RT3 problem
  • mhether
    Free Member

I recently purchased in the sale a Whyte T130 2015 so its still within warranty.
    The problem is that considering the bike has only been used several times (30 miles) the Rockshox RT3 debonair has lost the ability to toggle between climb, trail and descent. Is there a simple fix or do I need to get it back to cycle surgery.

rickon
    Free Member

Do you mean you can’t move the lever? Or moving the lever makes no difference to the feel of the shock?

mhether
    Free Member

It makes no difference to the feel when I flick the switch between the modes. There is just normal travel ie 20% sag. I forgot to mention that turning the lever is also rotating the rebound.

warpcow
    Free Member

It will still sag. In what situation are you not feeling a difference? It won’t feel very different if you’re just bouncing on the saddle, but it should when actually riding. RS don’t lock, as such, they just add more low speed comp. camping.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can easily tell the difference between the one of the modes and the other two on my RT3. The “lockout” mode makes it much harder to push down on the saddle.

Give the shop a bell.

damascus
    Free Member

The lock out on my monarch debonair rt3 makes my bike feel like a hardtail.

warpcow
    Free Member

So does mine when riding, unless I hit something big, but if I set it to closed and just push down on the saddle it moves, albeit slower/harder.

mhether
    Free Member

Taken it to LBS who will sort it on my behalf. There was a discernible difference between the 3 modes on mine. Well pleased with the Whyte T130 even though it alu, compared to my previous full sus carbon E120.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock Rockshox RT3 problem’ is closed to new replies.