Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rear shock rattling inside??
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Just got my rear shock back from a full service as I couldn’t achieve any better than 30% sag. So I noticed the shock makes a metallic rattle when I turn it upside down or the other way up, is this normal?. Also after installing the shock I again cannot get any better than 30% sag even up at 265 psi,i am 95kg but still get better than that from another shock at lower pressures. Also the shock makes a whoosh when I sit on it very gingerly to check the sag, sounds like its losing air but it appears not to be. I am a little flummoxed tbh. Any thoughts?

Rckshox Monarch RT3

plyphon
    Free Member

Can you explain what you mean by “better” than 30% sag?

Is that more sag? Less sag?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Sorry bad English I meant less than.

pegglet
    Free Member

possibly the nylon compression spacer(s) come loose..rattles if you shake the shock about? happened to my RP23. bleed air ,unscrew can and have look… cheers

bigbloke
    Free Member

It does rattle when shaken. It’s literally just come back from a full service so I won’t be taking anything apart.

IA

Less pressure in a different shock is meaningless unless it’s the same model of shock on the same model of bike, as the linkage ratios and air volumes will differ.

What bike is it? 265 sounds like a lot (and you’re not that heavy, I’m just under 90kg and tend to be about 200-220 depending on bike, but as I say varies wildly).

bigbloke
    Free Member

Marin Rift Zone 29er. The other shock is now on my bike set at 200psi with 20% sag.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock rattling inside??’ is closed to new replies.