Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rear shock – is fox ctd still rubbish
  • engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Ok, looking for a new shock, I don’t mind buying a ccdb air cs however they are a tad pricey for what will effectively be my spare bike, so have fox sorted there damping out on the float rear shock. I want quite a firm rear end.

And I don’t want bos because it doesn’t match the front!

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Anyone?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t answer yes or no but why not talk to loco or similar and get it tuned from the off?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It’s always quiet on here at the weekend. Your best bet is to re-post in work time when everyone uses it when they should be working.

chestrockwell

Must admit I like the CTD shock on my 2014 bike. The three settings are just right for me and the damping is good + better then my old RP23.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Get a DB inline? £40 cheaper than a ctd factory.

66deg
    Free Member

Just found out the rebound adjuster on mine has lost it’s 14 clicks and just turns between 11 oclock and 1 oclock, has anyone else had this fault.
    👿
    I may end up looking into CCDB CS as everyone seems to rave about them.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Mine did that it was fixed and something to do with the ball bearing inside. I hated the ctd till I had it tuned but I’ve got a single pivot and it could perform excellent on a different bike.

stevied
    Free Member

Can’t comment on standard tune but had my CTD push tuned at tf and it is very good indeed.

bullroar
    Free Member

Stock tune of my 2014 CTD shock on a Saracen Ariel is pretty good; infinety better than the DRCV rubbish on the Trek Remedy I had.

marky29er
    Free Member

Depends on how fat you are. My 2013 ctd was rubbish, was better after some volume spacers. I wont be buying another fox in a hurry.
    Have a ccdb now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock – is fox ctd still rubbish’ is closed to new replies.