Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear shock help……its bleeding!
  • letmetalktomark

Morning Folks,

Need some advice here…..

I went for a maiden voyage on my first full squish bike at the weekend and halfway through the ride my rear shock looked like it had taken a pounding and was literally bleeding in front of me! 😯 Eek!

The shock in question is a RS MC 3.3 fitted to a Voodoo Canzo frame:

The shock was pressurized to the correct PSI for my rider weight and the rebound set accordingly. Red oil had "bled" from the can down the back of the shaft and had noticeably pooled on the DT of the frame under the shock.

The "bleeding" only happened once during the ride and hasn't happened since.

Something to worry about/keep an eye on or take it back to the dealer?

Help!

I_Ache
    Free Member

If the adjustability isnt affected I would just leave it and see if it does it again. They could have just overfilled the air can.

Im assuming it was coming out of the seal. If not then take it back to the shop.

letmetalktomark

Thanks Andy.

As far as I can tell it was coming from the seal at the air can end.

It dosen't seem to have affected performance but I guess I wont know until I take it out again this weekend.

Cheers,

Mrk

I_Ache
    Free Member

Turn the blue leaver to lock out the shock and push on the saddle if the shock compresses you have a problem. Then with the blu leaver in the position in the photo turn the rebound (red dial) to + or the tortoise (if RS shocks have that pic) so its as slow as possible compress the shock fully again by pushing on the saddle and if it rises slowly you should be ok but if it pops up fast you have a problem.

You can do both tests without having to even take your slippers off!

letmetalktomark

You can do both tests without having to even take your slippers off!

They be the tests I like. I'll have to put my tea and biscuits down though 🙁 😆

Will have a play and report back

Cheers,

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock help……its bleeding!’ is closed to new replies.