Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rear shock help
  • bellys
    Free Member

My shock has given up on my camber size says it’s A Fox Triad II , 200x51mm I know the 200mm the length but what is the 51mm is that travel.
    Iv seen a fox float RP2 that is 200 x 58mm on chain reaction will this work.

Thanks

BoardinBob

51mm is the stroke length i.e. how much the shock compresses at it’s maximum. Buy the one on CRC and sent it to TF tuned who will reduce the stroke to 51mm for you. I had to do that previously as I believe the 51mm is a proprietary Specialized size.

LoCo
    Free Member

200 X 51 mm & 200 X 57mm are both standard sizes, travel can be reduced on the 57mm stroke unit by changing the sealhead which involves stripping the shock.

bellys
    Free Member

If I run the 200 x 58 what difference will it make. Sorry for daft question

LoCo
    Free Member

yes you’ll get more travel (58 is same as 57mm one it’s just how it’s rounded updown in conversion from 2.25″ stroke 😉 )
    The extra travel may cause the rear end to make contact with the frame or tyre/frame so check carefully through out travel, it’ll also put the suspension into areas it’s not been designed for so may stress the frame/rear end how it’s not been designed for.

bellys
    Free Member

Ok thanks for your help

khani
    Free Member

Edit, wot speedy fingers Loco said up there ^^

wilko1999
    Free Member

Sorry massive thread hijack – LoCo, how long do you take to phone back when someone submits a fork service form on the website? Not complaining by the way, just wondering, sent one in yesterday. Also do you have service kits for Monarch 3.3’s? Thanks 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock help’ is closed to new replies.