Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rear shock FOX CTD help/advice
  • letmetalktomark

For a while now I’ve had on a slow burn build a Trance XO 29er*.

Apart from an RTS ( What’s that I hear you say 😉 ) and a brief spell with a Voodoo Canzo the full suspension thing has been a bit of a mystery to me 🙄 living in the wilds of Suffolk a fully rigid bike with 40psi suffices for most things 😆

I have the bike built pretty much how I want and and final fettling before taking it out now the trails are drier ( mincer ).

I’ve ridden the bike only for a few miles (on road) with the shock set in T. The shock is pressurized for my rider weight and sag according to FOX’s recommendations.

Ive been surprised by how much travel I have used whilst gnarring it up on the roads – based on the final position of the O ring.

To me this points at needing more pressure in the shock.

The shock is holding pressure fine.

Do I just keep adding pressure?

I’m about 95kg o am already pretty high upon the pressure chart.

* It fits better than Renton’s 😉

renton
    Free Member

Not sure if this is a piss take about the thread about 3 down from this I started or if it’s genuine.

If it’s genuine I was having the same issues as you and I’m a bit heavier than you too.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Volume spacers – the tune you can do yourself, which Fox should have calibrated the shock with in the bloody first place. Christ, this industry does your nut in sometimes.

letmetalktomark

No pi$$ taking, bar the fit thing 😉

It’s a genuine issue Ive noticed.

iIRC its a L tune from the factory – does that mean anything suggest it already has a volume spacer in?

renton
    Free Member

Fwiw I tried a volume spacer, whilst it does help it ramp up at the end it does nothing to the initial part of the stroke which mine seemed to eat up.

EDIT.. my shock came with a small reducer fitted.

Scamper
    Free Member

What psi have you got it?

letmetalktomark

210/215 ish from recollection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock FOX CTD help/advice’ is closed to new replies.