Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear shock advise
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2007 rp23 which fox now deem obsolete and the part I need to repair is no longer available.

Question is if no one finds one in their spares box it’s off down the shops for a new shock. Initial thoughts are replace for the rp23 with a float ctd. But question is are there better shocks out there for similar money. Size is 200×51 and it’s going on to a Titus motolite which is an fsr rear suspension. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

mikey74
    Free Member

Speak to the guys at JTech: They will be able to advise, and may have a reconditioned shock they can sell you, including a free tune. That’s what I’ve just done for my Trance.

There are some RP23s on Pinkbike at the moment, as well as ebay, but they all seem to have Pro-pedal levers that don’t work. Worth looking, though.

garage-dweller

Hi

I’m pretty sure i have a Fox Float R 200×50 kicking around the shed somewhere. Bought to replace a knackered OEM shock, used half a dozen times then sold the main frame to someone for spares as it was gathering dust/not being used but they didn’t want the shock. Shock’s probably sat unused for 2-3 years, maybe more, definitely newer than 2010 but beyond that don’t have a clue (hopeless I know!).

Depending on what parts you need I don’t know if it would give you the spares or a cheap and cheerful option to keep riding.

Email’s in my profile if it’s of interest.

RickDraper
    Free Member

What part is damaged?

OrangeLad
    Free Member

It’s the internal damper shaft. Which from the sound of things they went from 9.5mm down to 9mm so to get the replacement I need a dead shock of the same size to rejuvenate mine.

Had a look on pink bike but by the time you’ve purchased serviced it and tuned it it works out about the same as the newer float 2014’s on CRC.

Thanks for the offer garage dweller because of the active nature of the rear of my bike I do tend to use the propedal a lot.

Thanks for the advise mikey I’ve got one last hope with rsf finding a part if they can’t I’ll give them a shout.

Are monarch’s worth looking at? Always thought they we not as good as the fox but would be interested in hearing views as even if I go down the refurb route I’d prefer to have a decent shock rather than one that is hampered due to poor design.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock advise’ is closed to new replies.