Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rear seats in van – Citroen Relay
  • jonesyboy

I’ve bought a MWB HT Citroen Relay for work and need to fit a set of rear seats – has anyone done this, what seats and correct fitting method? Obviously need integrated seat belts!

Insurance are cool – just need a receipt from a garage.

houndlegs
    Free Member

When I bought my van there were seats in the back.
    Now I’m not sure if they were bolted through a dedicated hole,or if they were just drilled through the floor where they wanted the seats to be,but in a nutshell they were just bolted through the floor and held there with bolts and brackets.
    I’ve taken mine out. If you’re interested let me know and I’ll post a for sale ad.

scotroutes

I had seats put into a Trafic van. The seats were from here:

http://www.scotseats.co.uk

There are large “load-spreading” plates under the van and I use Q/R fittings for the seats, split into a single and a double bench. That makes them easy to remove and/or turn around depending on how I want to set up the van.

IMAG0148 by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

My insurance company insisted it be done by a professional coachworks. FWIW, fitting also included dropping the fuel tank for some of the brackets.

geoffj

Depends on whether or not there are existing mounting points.
    If there are, then you should be able to buy some from ebay etc. and bolt straight in.
    If there aren’t then you can bodge install from a transit etc., or get some aftermarket ones.
    I’d speak to the garage / coach builders who are going to fit them for their advice first.

I bodge installed some in my Ducato, but I was never 100% convinced they were legit – luckily I never pranged it.

winchman
    Free Member

The pic above is exactly whet you need.
    I got mine cheap from a coach firm, very strong good quality with belts built in, you need a big load spreading washer at least 3″ diameter under the floor or angle iron, basically to stop the bolt pulling through the floor in a accident,
    The best way is fit Unwin tracking Google it as you can then unclip the seats when not required, make sure your insurance are happy with it

jonesyboy

Now they are just the job – first job will be to lift the exisiting ply floor to check what mounts are available. Need a double seat, sounds like it’s going cost!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

We’re abouts are you jonesy, I may have some but I’m in the northwest

beicmynydd
    Free Member

A proper crash tested seat and seat belt set up can be an expensive job.
    Don’t trust the lives of others on a home made set up fixed with angle iron and washers. Insist on a product with a certificate of conformity.

mark90
    Free Member

Proper crash tested seats/seatbelts needn’t be expensive. Minibus seats off ebay are obviously test and properly rates for use in minibuses.

As for fixing, take a look at professionally fitted unwin tracking systems, 8mm bolts with thin backing strips or even penny washers. It’s not difficult to match or exceed this level of strength.

Usually an ‘engineers report’ from a garage or MOT tester will satisfy most insurance companies.

Obviously professional fitting is a good idea if you’re not sure what you’re doing or confident in your skills etc.

Sidney
    Free Member

How do you know the seats of ebay haven’t been in a crash already and compromised their integrity?

mark90
    Free Member

How do you know that for seats in any second hand car?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rear seats in van – Citroen Relay’ is closed to new replies.