Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rear mudguard for Trek Soho commuter bike
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Hi all,

I managed to lunch my factory fitted rear mudguard by riding down some steps near the station and it must have flexed into the tyre and destroyed itself quite spectacularly!

It was a smart grey one that matched the frame, but I have emailed Trek and they can’t supply a spare, so I need to find a suitable replacement. It attached on the chainstay bridge, seatstay bridge and by two rods to the rear hub, and also had a nice mudflap at the end.

Anyone recommend a suitably sturdy replacement that will attach using the same mounts?

It looks like this:

fibre
    Free Member

SKS Bluemels Matt 45mm http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/bluemels-matt-45

Smart looking decent guards, I’ve been running the narrow versions on my road\gravel bike. I’ve given them a proper clattering on gravel\bridleways with no problems. Good fittings and proper flaps!

You can fit normal guards on that bike with no problems, got some Standard SKS on mine.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Ordered. Thanks!

fibre
    Free Member

No probs 🙂

If you’re fitting them yourself….
    -Fit the guards and stays (don’t feed the stays through the holes on the guards yet)
    -Fit the black stay end cap on the guards
    -Hold the guard in place where you want it and mark the amount of stay you need to cut off with a Sharpie or something and mirror it on the other side.

I normally use bolt croppers to cut the stays but whatever works for you.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips – will see what happens this weekend!

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve got SKS guards on my Soho S, fitted no issues.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Well fitted them last night and they went on fine. Didn’t have anything that would cut through the stays though so just sliced the end off the plastic caps and slid the excess through! Bit of a bodge but looks fine and not long enough to impale anything..

May trim them down if I get hold of any bolt croppers but probably won’t ever bother getting around to it.

Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rear mudguard for Trek Soho commuter bike’ is closed to new replies.