Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear mech problem??
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Morning folks. I went to repair a puncture last night and couldnt move the rear mech to get the wheel off.. It seemed as if it was seized in some way. Its a bit of a grey area for me as ive never had any problems with it before. Its a SRAM XO 9 speed and fitted to a yeti asr 5.. 😕

slackalice
    Free Member

Is it a clutched one? If so, they are very stiff to move.

If not, perhaps try some WD or GT85 on the moving bits

timba
    Free Member

How is it seized, can’t swing it back?
    5mm allen key: Undo the top pivot bolt attaching the mech to the hanger, you should be able to drop the wheel out now.
    Squirt some lube into the top pivot bolt from both sides and re-assemble, see page 42 (onward) here…X0
    Hopefully that’s it. The job’s easier with the chain removed. You might need to remove the top bolt completely to do a proper job

nedrapier

won’t be clutched if it’s 9 speed, so don’t worry about that bit. lube and some careful persuasion.

turbo1397
    Free Member

@timba.. yip, exactly that problem. It had stuck solid where it mounted to the mech hanger. Just ended up soaking it with gt85.. an hour later and all is good. I hadn’t washed and greased after last outing and just put iy in cupboard. . Not the best idea! Thanks all..:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear mech problem??’ is closed to new replies.