Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rear lights for a trail bike with a Reverb?
  • snotrag

I’m after some suggestions for one or two decent rear lights that I can mount on my FS bike. Its a suspension frame with a Reverb, so there’s no real seat tube or seat post to mount on.

A pair of lights fitted to both seat stays would work well – but they have to be very angled so that they face backwards, not up into the sky.

I did wonder about a pair of the ‘fibre flare’ things up the seat stays but they are not cheap, maybe there is something more suitable.

Any suggestions?

thomthumb
    Free Member

normal light on the seatstay.

or on your pack?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is there none of your reverb post showing?.

chakaping
    Free Member
    benp1

I’ve found most lights to be adjustable enough, thanks to the bracket, that it should work fine on the seatstay (like the 2AAA style ones)

breadcrumb

For riding on the road? I have a light on my camelback.

Not on the trail though, unless you want to annoy the rider behind?

snotrag

That Moon Comet looks good.

As for mounting on bag, I don’t tend to ride with one on short rides.

Theres barely 5mm of seatpost showing as its pretty slammed in the frame. for use on road and off, as most local rides are a bit of a mix.
    Cheers all.

Crag
    Free Member

I’ve got an Exposure Flare fitted to the seat rails. Great light.

mucker

These are cracking little lights with a wide angle of illumination and come with 3 sizes of O-ring type clamps, the smallest of which is perfect to secure them onto the seatstays.
    Dosun Line LR200

d3carbon
    Free Member

I had the same predicament with a reverb that was fully in the seat tube, and the position of the top tube joint was just below this which meant I couldn’t clamp it to the frame. I used one of the very neat little Lezyne ones – it wraps around the collar of the reverb just perfect. If your seatpost is very short the light may be hidden behind the top of the rear tyre but for a trail bike you should be O.K.

transporter13
    Free Member

Can 2nd the moon comet… I have 2 which are both mounted to a bracket that fixes to the seat rails.
    Very bright too

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Lezyne Strip Drive? fits nicely on the seat stay(s).

warpcow
    Free Member

I also have one of those Moon Comets chakaping linked too. Had it for a couple of yrs now and very pleased with it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If you always wear a helmet, maybe one there?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I 3D printed a mount that fits around the seatpost and accepts any ‘belt clip’ style light.

If anyone wants one printed let me know.

Not this one, this was one I made for a 27.2 seatpost to hold a magicshine lamp horizontally, but used a similar design. The material is like a stiff rubber so no need for screws/clamps. And I’ve got the surface finish a bit smoother since then too (I wasn’t running the extruder anywhere near hot enough).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XNmGH9]2017-08-25_01-24-31[/url] by thisisnotaspoon, on Flickr

Beagleboy

I’ve got an Aldi copy of the Moon light. It originally came with a bracket that fitted to the seat rails, but that broke. However, it also came with a rubber ‘watchstrap’ style fitting that sits really securely on my Reverb’s collar.

Works really well, especially as I don’t have very great seatstays on my Four!

DickBarton

Rear of bike helmet, slung under saddle rails, wrapped round collar of reverb, wrapped round seat tube, on back of backpack/bumbag/jacket…
    Plenty places to fit lights, just need to find a light with a suitable mount.

dannyh
    Free Member

I just tend to buy a job-lot of the On One strap on lights (whichever are going cheap – skull shaped, plain, whatever).

They can pretty much be bodged onto wherever, last a reasonable amount of time, and often cost as little as £0.99 each if on offer.

Actually, currently £0.99 each(!)

https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/LIPHSOFL/phaart-strap-on-led-light

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rear lights for a trail bike with a Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.