Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rear Light. Recommendations pls.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

Now we all know you can find some cracking LED front lights on eBay etc, for very little money, but what I’m looking for is something value for money but Blo*dy bright for the rear.

I’ve just come back off a short ride this morning in mist and fog and felt very nervous at times when vehicles came up behind me. There is no doubt I can be seen from the front, but I don’t think my rear lights penetrate the mist like the fronts do.

I’m a Yorkshireman, so bear that in mind with price please.

bails

Smart R2

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.stonehengecycles.com/product/9319/moon_xp500_shield_rear_light_set
    OK, so it’s a front and rear set, and it’s not tuppence ha’penny for your Yorkshireness, but….

500 lumen front, and one of the very best rear lights out there, helmet and bike mount for the front, two USB chargers, etc – all for eighty five quid?

Bargainous.

If not, the Moon Shield 60 rear is utterly superb as a standalone rear. Small, effing bright, and useful modes (Bright, Brighter, HOLYCRAPOLATHAT’S BRIGHT, HOLYCRAPOLATHAT’S BRIGHT and STROBING! and finally, HOLYCRAPOLATHAT’S BRIGHT Flashing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahwiles
    Free Member

i had one of them (smart R2), it’s got some dodgy wiring inside which drains the battery in a day or so.

the moon comet light is chuffing brilliant – worth every penny (£30).

i’m a tight-ar53d yorkshireman, fwiw…

BadlyWiredDog

Moon Shield 60 – if you shop around you can find them for 30 quid – Merlin has them listed for that, but are out of stock at the moment. Very bright. Great rapid and secure mounting system, USB rechargeable. Just a really good rear light.

bails

i had one of them, it’s got some dodgy wiring inside which drains the battery in a day or so

The Smart? Mine doesn’t do that.

Stoner
    Free Member

another smart fan here. v powerful and never had a drainage problem.

stumpy01

+1 for the Smart Lunar R2. No issues with batteries dying here, either.
    I use a Lunar R2 and one of those wide 5LED cateye lights.

wiggles
    Free Member

anyone used those ones with the laser type lines? Look cool but not sure really makes a difference…

These ones:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluxient-5-Led-rear-light-laser-beams-The-ultimate-safety-light-batteries-/290983400342?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item43bff65396

TiRed

2x Cateye Rapid 1. One saddle rail mounted, one on the seatpost or rack. USB recharheable, very bright, multiple flash modes. Proper mounting system to move between bikes. Absolutely reliable. £15 each.

bails

anyone used those ones with the laser type lines? Look cool but not sure really makes a difference…

Looks like a waste of time. The ‘lane’ is so narrow that I’d not want to encourage anyone into overtaking that closely. And I doubt anyone would pay attention to it anyway.

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Must be the weather, but everyone seems to be talking about lights today on here!

mrphil
    Free Member

Moon without a doubt.

The lower dot on the rear of the bike is Lezyne as a back up light.

Front light is a Hope R4 on full power as some people concentrate on having a mega power front light and it over powers the rear so cars may find it harder to estimate the distances from you.

Clobber
    Free Member

Fibreflare

cp

Lunar R2 here – they are great. No battery drain issues for me, lasts ages actually.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

+1 Moon Comet, but about to be backed up with an Exposure Flare. Love the pulsing on the Flare.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rear Light. Recommendations pls.’ is closed to new replies.