Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rear Light – Dropper post
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Whats the best options for rear lights.

Riding buddy of mine has a 29r with a 5″ reverb.
    The post does extend a little above the seat tube, but if he were to mount a light there its very low and pretty much obscured by the rear tyre.

Bag and/or helmet lights have been suggested, but he wants something that can be left on the bike.

Is there a rear light that fits to the saddle rails?

simondbarnes

Is there a rear light that fits to the saddle rails?

Cateye do a saddle rail mount for their rear lights.

edit: although a quick search only turns up one for the Volt 50 rear.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yep – Moon do a USB rechargeable one that comes with two brackets – one for the rails and one for the frame. It’s a really good bright light, not great burn time but seems reliable and stays secure in the mount off road too. Wasn’t dear either.

This one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyl
    Free Member

Posting this not to be a dick but to highlight a few options: https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=saddle%20rail%20light%20mount

A couple that pop up there (cateye, moon etc) look like they could be adapted to take other lights if he already has one. Or just buy one of their lights to go with it.

Other than that there are a few lights with rubber band type mounts to attach to saddle rails and then there is a few universal solutions.

If he has a rear light already then look to see if a mount exists, otherwise take you pic. Hopefully someone will be along with suggestions of what to go for or avoid.

soobalias
    Free Member

he has a cateye at the moment – but i cant tell from pics online how the RM-1 Rear Saddle mount works

my online shopping took me from a £5 exposure, mount, to the £40 light that goes with it.

jimw
    Free Member

If he has a Fizik saddle, cateye do a mount that attaches to the rear of the saddle. I have one and it is very secure and quite bright.

cookeaa

Universal rear light mounting sytem?

reedspeed
    Free Member

one o them lezyne jobbies on an elastic band works for me !

andyl
    Free Member

This is how the RM-1 works:

deadkenny
    Free Member

I use a Moon Crescent that fits around the bit between Reverb collar and frame as I have the collar an inch or so out of the frame. The Crescent is angled up enough to clear the tyre and aims roughly in shot of a driver behind.

Not that I use it much aside from short stretches between off road spots.

garage-dweller

If it’s a hardtail how about a seatSTAY mounted one?

That’s what I use on the road bike (although admittedly not for long distances after dark). Visibility would frame dependent though.

Flaperon

Fibre Flare on the Camelbak has always worked for me.

http://fibreflare.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rear Light – Dropper post’ is closed to new replies.