Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rear Led light required for seat post and helmet.
  • jacob46
    Free Member

I only ride in day time but for peace of mind would still like something extra to say I’ve done my bit In warning other road users.

Chain reaction cycles have a big range but would like other people’s recommendations.

Brightest as possible.
    I ride MTB 29er on road and trail.

Cheers

bobgarrod
    Free Member
    rudyard197
    Free Member

Use a few of the on one lights. Dirt cheap and pretty good.

petefromearth

I’ve got a Blackburn Flea clip on rear light. Really bright, tiny and USB charged which is a bonus. Perfect for clipping onto a camelback, jeans pocket, seat post…

jacob46
    Free Member

Smart lunar R1 seem to be the brightest!

£12 amazon

martymac

i can recommend the smart lunar.
    and cateye rapid 3.
    and cateye tl ld1100.
    ive used em all, the cateyes feel slightly better build quality, but compared to the smart they aint exactly cheap.

wolly
    Free Member

I’ve been using a knog blinder 4 super bright and rechargeable

jacob46
    Free Member

Martymac

Are the really bright?? Its for day time use.

soundninjauk

I saw a chap in London riding during the bright sunshine we’ve had recently with a Hope District on the back, still bright as anything. I think they’re ace so long as you don’t mind the extra battery pack (so probably bike only rather than bike and helmet).

shermer75
    Free Member

+1 On-One ‘Phaart’

jacob46
    Free Member

Shermer
    Which one?

simmy
    Free Member

+ 1 for Cat Eye build quality.

I’ve had a 660 ( I think ) attached to the Seatpost all winter and its had mud, road grit, and an untold amount of washing of the bike and its still fine.

Even froze solid one night when it was -5 and wouldn’t turn off till I’d got it in the house 😆

Personally, I’ve had Smart lights fail and the switches go so they stay stuck on.

knightrider
    Free Member

I bought a mix of the on one lights

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/LIPHBPDRL/phaart_bleep_dual_05_watt_led_rear_light

as mentioned above is the mutts nuts

buy a few at that price

steelfan
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these
    Nite flux redzone 8

jacob46
    Free Member

Steelfan

Where from mate?
    I can only see it on YouTube!

TiRed

Cateye Rapid 1. USB rechargeable, four modes, nice and bright. Well made. I use a seat post mount on some bikes, saddle rail moun on others and a rack mount on the commuter. Highly recommended.

For road, I normally ride with two lights, one steady and one flashing.

antigee

i’m a little leary on seatpost mounts as am always worried that a saggy jacket or top will cover – just got a fibreflare and a bit disappointed instructions say something like “don’t put on seat stay because if it falls in wheel you could sue us” diagram shows put on down tube ! – anyway put on seat stay with some tape and a ziptie – which i’ll cut off when come to replace batteries very impressive light

steelfan
    Free Member

Jacob46

Here Niteflux

Their website is being updated at the moment.
    I believe you can still get the redzone 4 which is still pretty powerful.

stimpy
    Free Member

Wolly +1 for the Knog Blinder 4 LED. Proper bright, USB rechargeable and completely waterproof. I use it for commuting and getting to and from night rides.

martymac

sorry, just realised you replied, smart lunar is the one out of my shortlist for daytime use, it has a sort of pulsing effect that is really noticable.
    easily noticable even in daylight.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rear Led light required for seat post and helmet.’ is closed to new replies.