Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rear hub – DT 240s – Opinions?
  • foxwelljsly
    Free Member

Building a new back wheel. Need a low maintenance, hard wearing 6 Bolt hub with a reliable freehub.

Anyone here tried the 240s? What’s the freehub like?

Hope Pro II Evo are also on the shortlist.

njee20
    Free Member

Superb, highly recommended!

The only downside IMO is that if you need to replace the centre bearing yo uneed the rather expensive tool kit. However, I’ve had about 7 sets of those hubs, and only once replaced that bearing – being right in the middle it lasts ages!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Excellent hubs. Worth getting the upgraded rachets too as not only are they lighter but they give you twice as many pick up points.

BadlyWiredDog

Ace hub, but expensive. Second the upgraded ratchets, which make it even more expensive, but make a nice noise too… I actually have one of the DT Swiss tool things, I’ve used it three times in about six or seven years and I have two of the hubs which get ridden a lot. The centre bearing, as Nick says, is pretty well protected.

Last time I looked though, they were a lot more expensive than a Pro 2, which makes it hard to justify, though if money were no object, I’d go for the DT Swiss.

njee20
    Free Member

If money’s no object get the 190 Ceramics 🙂

Or the new 180s or whatever they’re called with carbon shells.

mboy
    Free Member

Great hubs, much nicer and more reliable that Hope IMO too.

Anybody got any ideas where to get the 36 tooth ratchets from right now, CRC did have them in stock but not any more, and a Google search revealed nothing for me the other day!

RustyMac

Apologies for the tread hijack

If any of you are looking at getting a front hub I have a 32 hole 240s hubs for 15mm with centre lock and a mavic adapter CL to 6 bolt that I was keeping to build up as a wheel, however this is looking less and less likely so I may as well sell it on. My email is in my profile if you are interested.

Apologies again

Rusty

keavo
    Free Member

justridingalong supply the 36t ratchets for £40, easy to fit yourself. i bought some about 6 weeks ago they came next day.

foxwelljsly
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Took the plunge. Mavic XC 717 disc black Rim, DT Competition double butted black spokes, DT 240s disc hub.

£177 built, inc postage, from Merlin.

keavo
    Free Member

good price.

mboy
    Free Member

Keavo, cheers, will look into it from JRA

Rusty Mac, YGM about the hub…

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Yip, I currently have two pairs of 240s and a pair of 440s and have had others in the past. I go out of my way to avoid using anything else these days… Never a single problem 🙂

RustyMac

mboy

replied to your email

Rusty

mboy
    Free Member

Sorry rusty, I saw mate, but have been away for last 2 days, just got back. Too rich for me I’m afraid mate, tis more than I can afford. Good luck selling though.

RustyMac

Feel free to drop me an email and make an offer, at the end of the day it is just sitting in drawer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rear hub – DT 240s – Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.