Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear facing group1 (age 9 months-4 year) car seats anyone
  • whatgoesup

I’m looking to get rear facing seats for my twins when they outgrow their current group0 seat, and finding that they’re both hard to get hold of in the UK and also extremely expensive.

Does anyone here use them and have any advice on sources to buy from? The US could be an option as I’m there with work in a couple of weeks.

garage-dweller

We went forward facing once our 2 were out of the maxi-cosi rear facer we had (pretty sure that’s a group 0).

We bought a Kiddy Infinity Pro it is a very different bit of design from most forward facing seats. It works by restraining and supporting the child with a bolster and not straps. It secures in place with a 3 point belt that holds the seat and the bolster. Looks pretty weird but second child is in it and we cannot find fault.

They are light, easy to fit and were highly rated by which?, especially for non ISOfix cars.

I know it’s not rear facing but its a good alternative to some of the other forward facing stuff when they’re still small and it covers them up to about age 3.

Markie
    Free Member

We got a (well, 2, actually – one for each car) BeSafe iZi X3 (I think tests the model, anyhow) rear facing seat for ours, bought from http://www.pushchairsandcarseats.co.uk/brand/besafe.aspx

I believe they have other rear facing seats as well. They’ve been great to s – we bought the next seats on from them as well – and I’d recommend giving them a call.

Or, if you don’t mind going second hand, I’d gladly sell you one or both of ours. One is Isofix and one not. Email in profile.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Securatot.co.uk has the best selection. Yes they are pricier but also five times as safe. Starts from 200ish. I’ve got a really cool one that swivels 90 degrees too.

user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry, just bookmarking as we’re looking for one of these… I’ve campaigning for a forward facing seat though – we do a lot of long journeys and being able to see out the windows might keep him occupied…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear facing group1 (age 9 months-4 year) car seats anyone’ is closed to new replies.