Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear disc not fully "swept" by pad
  • Murray

I’ve got a Camber Comp Carbon 2012 that came with Avid brakes. I ditched those a couple of years ago when they seized and replaced with excellent Deore brakes. All works fine, but whilst the front brake “sweeps” the whole braking surface, the rear doesn’t – it’s half on, half off. Disc is the original Avid 160mm.

The Deore brakes come with a pair of spherical washers that fit between the post and the caliper to allow alignment. Without them, it looks as if the sweep would be correct but I’d lose the alignment.

Any ideas?

qtip

Ditch the washers, they’re pointless.

STATO
    Free Member

The Deore brakes come with a pair of spherical washers that fit between the post and the caliper to allow alignment.

No they dont, they go above the caliper under the bolt. And they are only used if you are using the +20 post mount adaptor. That’s probably where you’ve went wrong.

Murray

Cool, thanks!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What STATO said

And I’m sure it used to be simpler and any mount worked, but seems that they’ve diverged somewhat, avid 180mm adapters don’t work with shimano rotors and 180mm calipers anymore.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thats because avid used to have the spherical alignment washers, so if you’re using their adapter it takes the washers into account, so its 2-3mm lost if you dont use the washers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear disc not fully "swept" by pad’ is closed to new replies.