Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear disc adaptor for Spec M4
  • muddyshorts
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Looking to dust off my old Hardtail and update it into a feisty alternative to my full sus. Its a ’99 Stumpy pro and its done its time but I’d love to put some disc on her, tidy her up a bit which will give me a quicker bike. (This decision has come after doing the Gorrick 12:12 on a 33lb full sus)

The front discs no probs but the rear does not have the ability to host the caliper. I’ve been told many times its not possible, but recently someone said they knew it was.

Ideally the perfect answer would be “yes” here is the adaptor you need. Brake wise I haven’t acquired as yet so its not specific to brakes (although i’m sure with a bit of shimming that isnt an issue)only for an M4 frame.

Anyone done this or know the possibilities.

Appreciate anyone experience on this

sobriety
    Free Member

Yes, specialized used to make an adapter to fit a disc to both the m2 and m4 stumpys, which could be bodged to do rockhoppers as well. I had one, but gave it to a mate for his stumpy when I upgraded my rockhopper. As far as I recall spesh don’t make them anymore so ebay or phoning round bike shops may herald one, but they are rare as hens teeth, which is a shame as they were actually not to bad looking.

muddyshorts
    Free Member

Top man. Thats good info. If they are made my Spec should be easy to “try” and find. Appreciate the post and help

curlie467
    Free Member

Get onto retrobike, someone somewhere may have one but you might have to join a queue!

curlie467
    Free Member

Also, i have an A2Z adapter that fits fine on my `96 stumpy HT. Little bit of selective trimming and it works great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear disc adaptor for Spec M4’ is closed to new replies.