Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear cycle carriers and full sus compatability
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

Evening all, Have searched but no joy……planning a family trek round europe for 3 weeks 🙂 and have had to buy a huge roof box to lug all the kids stuff and the mrs in so my Thule roof mount for my spesh camber fsr will not fit anymore 🙁 ….. So apart from leaving wife and kids at home, what are my options? I don’t have a tow bar and don’t really want to fit one. Been looking at the saris bones 2 or 3 and the Thule freeride rear racks but I cannot see how they will fit my bike. I think I need something that clips round the frame and the seat post (reverb). I Have a Volvo s60 saloon so my choice of rear carrier is limited.

Any ideas ??? Ta very much

spudly1979
    Free Member

The saris bones won’t carry it as is, because of the horizontal shock. However, if you get one of these:

http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehicle-racks/trunk-racks.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=11&flypage=flypage_images_norating.tpl&product_id=40

You should be able to clamp it to your frame and then the bones will fit. I use a bones 3 and managed to get a spesh fsr xc, anthem and canyon nerve all on ok, they’re fairly versatile, especially with the beam.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Cheers mate 🙂 yeah that looks like a good option!

daisbuys
    Free Member

Hi mate

How did the saris bike beam go?

Was it OK going around the reverb?

As I’m just about to buy a reverb and am worried about transporting it with the bike beam!

If it works a reverb it is…if not maybe the kronolog as that can be lifted by the seatpost!

Cheers

daisbuys
    Free Member

Never mind, just bought a Kronolog….fingers crossed it lasts longer than a Joplin lol

ransos
    Free Member

I have one of the “fake top tube” things so I can put my Trance on the Saris bones rack. I think I bought the tube from Halfords. If you’re worried about your post you could always fit a standard one for the journey.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear cycle carriers and full sus compatability’ is closed to new replies.