Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear calliper alignment on orange 5: advice / help sought
  • drifting_james
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Ive just bought some new icetech rotors for my bike. Front is fitted fine. On the rear I have taken off the old 180 disc and fitted a 160. Have bought a new adaptor for 160.

went to fit the calliper and its not even close to fitting, quite some interference. Have started to suspect that the mounts on the rear swing arm are out of alignment, causing this issue, and could do with some advice on this (hence picture above). You can see in the picture that the adaptor is not running parallel to the disc.

I’m running XT M775 callipers if thats any use / relevance. Quite why I didn’t have this problem when I fitted my 180s i’m unsure

Is this the root cause of my problems, or am I just being ham fisted and technically incompetent? (which I will subsequently blame on the current bout of fine weather affecting my nugget).

Help & advice appreciated.

James

jordie
    Free Member

Is the hub sitting in the drop out okay?

jimw
    Free Member

What he said^
    if this OK Shim the adaptor? Not ideal visually but will work

andyl
    Free Member

the holes in the post mount caliper are slotted anyway to allow you to align the caliper. As long as the frame is not miles out it shouldn’t be a problem. If it is then you can shim the adapter.

drifting_james
    Free Member

Thanks guys – retreated to the man cave and have successfully shimmed the adaptor. (needed 4 washers).

James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear calliper alignment on orange 5: advice / help sought’ is closed to new replies.