Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear bushing issues.
  • edinburghbiker
    Free Member

Recently acquired a new full sus frame, I have been told that the bushings are fine but they are in need of new 22.5mm shells. Could any experienced mechanical types help me out with how I would go about getting them sorted? (i.e. what to buy and what to get done by the lbs).
    Cheers

legend
    Free Member

I have been told that the bushings are fine but they are in need of new 22.5mm shells

What you have is the shock bolt, the reducer, the bush, then the shock itself. The ‘shell’ is probably the bush, never heard of it being referred to as such though.

If you still have the original ‘top hat’ style reducer then I would recommend switching out for a heavy duty version from the likes of TF Tuned. This will also include the bush, which is likely to be the bit that is actually worn.

You can however just buy the bush itself from various ebay places or the likes of TF Tuned or BETD, avoid anything that looks properly cheap though – they tend to be shit

Bushing replacement tools can also be easily bought from various ebay sellers, or for the likes of TF Tuned. No reason to visit the LBS.

ragger
    Free Member

Cheers for the info, how much do these bushes cost?

greeble
    Free Member

Cheers for the info, how much do these bushes cost?

all the info is in the post above.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ive got a matching pair, hows £15 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear bushing issues.’ is closed to new replies.