Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rear boot rack for a Fiesta?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My Dad has just rung me to say the Saris Bones 2 rack he has just bought will not fit his new Fiesta.

What racks do people use on new Fiestas?

Ta

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bump? Anyone ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It probably needs a towbar as the straps will foul the spoiler on some fiestas?

Either that or find a way to remove the spoiler.

Would a Seasucker work?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It probably needs a towbar as the straps will foul the spoiler on some fiestas?

Apparently its not the straps that are the issue, more that the Saris needs a solid lip for the lower legs to rest on. If you look at the rear of the Fiesta there is no boot lip…if that makes sense

Like here…

jam-bo

seasucker?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hmm, in that case I’ve no idea, our’s is an older version and has a lip there but we struggled to find one that didn’t use straps that foul the spoiler at the top.

Depending on his/your mechanical competence, towbars are fairly straightforward and cheap if you can fit it yourself. Mine + a secondhand towbar mounted rack cost less than a thule ride on. And the best bit, no f****** straps!

Other than that, sea sucker is the only option I’ve seen that in any way looks completely universal.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

i used a saris on that type of fiesta you just turn the feet to face the boot and it works fine.

Had two weighty bikes on there from Essex to Wales with no issue.

jolmes
    Free Member

Have a new fiesta and didnt use any rack, albeit its just me and the mrs so can fit two bikes in the bike (one XL and one small) with some tetris skills and wheels off. Went to Scotland and Wales for a week like this with some space left over.

Seen the seasucker but the price put me off quite a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rear boot rack for a Fiesta?’ is closed to new replies.