Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • (Rear) Ardent worn out. Fit a Larsen (2.35) found in shed?
  • hora
    Free Member

As a rear. Hardly used maxxpro 60a. Should I? Is it a good tyre?

svalgis
    Free Member

Geez, if only there was a way to find out.

jam-bo

Semi slick isn’t it. So much the same as a worn out tyre…

hora
    Free Member

Svalgis Youve used one?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Do you really need to ask advice about fitting a tyre you’ve already got? Jeez, just try it and save the wear and tear on your keyboard.

hora
    Free Member

Your topic: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-water-bottle-for-the-winter

What do you expect someone to answer? A magic fiddly product? A carrier bag?

Should I fit an old product /tyre/do a ride on a tyre with not much more benefit than the current?

No actual user experience of said tyre- why post?

loverofminkys

Do it! I always use that exact tyre in the summer with a 2.5 minion up front. It is quite surprising how grippy it is.

rOcKeTdOg

I ran one on the back through winter once, comedy value in real deep mud but for anything else including current dust it’s fine, like a poor unfashionable mans sml block 8

It won’t fit your road bike though

bikeneil
    Free Member

No actual user experience of said tyre- why post?

I have used those tyres. But on my bike with my riding style the results are likely to be different to yours. And, as you’ve already got the tyre just stick it on and see.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I am running one on the back at the mo, it’s a great summer tyre rolls really fast
    Just crap in anything muddy or loamy

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do it! I always use that exact tyre in the summer with a 2.5 minion up front. It is quite surprising how grippy it is.

Depends where you ride I guess, but I do this ^^^ combination and like it a lot. Only really lacks a bit of edge bite for when it’s very loose.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

best rear tyre in the universe with a black chilli rq upfront ypull be as unstoppable as me (not very)

cynic-al
    Free Member

If only there was an easy way to find out.

Northwind

There’s a couple of different Larsens, one of them sucks donkey balls, the other one’s kinda alright. But there’s no possible way imaginable to tell which it is so you’d best throw it on a bonfire

thestabiliser
    Free Member

there is i’ve just told him. and i know things.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a 2.35 super tacky dual ply hanging up unused , just not got round to trying it, looks like a fast tyre , I’ve a 2.35 ST Minion to go with it, was hoping to use them for a dry Enduro day. but only raced one Enduro in the winter,so run HR II’s …

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘(Rear) Ardent worn out. Fit a Larsen (2.35) found in shed?’ is closed to new replies.