Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reapplying taping to seams of waterproof clothing – is it possible?
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

As the title suggests, after the washing stank the house out a pair of waterproof socks came out of the wash crinkly (like empty crisp packets!) and some waterproof m shorts had shed most of the taping off their seams.

I’m guessing it was too hot, either user error or dodgy machine – either way has anyone ever tried reapplying the taping or is it better just to cut off what’ has come adrift?

Brown
    Free Member

AFAIK you can get new tape. You can also get seam sealant ‘glue’ which would probably mean you didn’t need to remove what’s already there so neatly. You could also get the shorts repaired, but that might be pricey.

Alternately, leave them. The material will still be waterproof and you’ll probably not get all that much coming through untaped seams. (Apologies in advance if you get a soggy arse.)

jamesfts
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, might give the glue a go if I can find some as they’re only a few months old.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You can buy seam tape from either Point North Fabrics or Pennine Outdoors – sorry, can’t remember which has it, or maybe both do! Otherwise seam sealant glue-type stuff would stick the existing tape back, like this
    The tape will need ironing on, so may depend on the fabric it’s going on to!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

If there Endura,send them back.
    I had a jacket that did this.
    Must have been two years old.
    Was told to send back to Endura.
    A week or so passed and a new jacket arrived in the post!
    Great service.
    Thanks,
    Max

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reapplying taping to seams of waterproof clothing – is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.