Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • reap what you sow little doggy!
  • corroded
    Free Member

Whenever a dog(s) chase me on the bike I stop riding and stand still… dog has nothing to chase anymore and the excitement is over allowing me to say hello and be friendly to it.

Exactly. Of course whether most STWers will interrupt getting their gnarl on with a little common sense is another matter.

Euro
    Free Member

Kicking dumb animals is poor form. I've found there is much more satisfaction gained from punching them. Try it on the next cat you come across and share my joy.

senorj

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR -"Reap what you sow?"
    Yes ,as in you get what you deserve.
    Had the dog not exerted itself it would probably be ok.
    It didn't,and it died.
    There you go.
    I'm not ecstatic about it ,
    more indifferent , like "oh that doesn't happen often"
    I don't hate dogs but I love people more.

Keva- you're right, now I think of it, I did panic.
    I'll try the standing still method next time.
    Although Viv's experience puts me off somewhat.
    I'm a big scaredycat really. 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

I think you need to relax radogair.

So a totally untrainable animal tries to give you a little scratch, then you'd kick it's head in? As long as you'd be ok with me giving you the same treatment after kicking my cat.

What about feeding a horse and it bit your hand – would you shoot it?

so why are you allowing a 'totally untrainable animal' to have freedom of your house/outside. If its 'totally untrainable', then it should be in a cage.
    As for your 'if you were feeding a horse' scenario, thats just totally pathetic.
    If animals bite, nip, scratch you then expect them to get what they deserve. You cant exactly sit a cat down and tell it its naughty and if it does it again then it will be 'grounded' for a week like you can with a person.
    Now if an animal continues to bite or even maul humans then the law will pass judgement and yes that includes putting them down, just like if a human does that to another human/animal, then the law will pass judgement and 'cage' them ( or in America fry em, or middle east countries -chop there hands off)

Think you need to look at yourself in the mirror because when you start treating animals as having more rights than humans then you are seriously deluded. At all means have them as pets, but, understand that they must at all times be under control

And as for your 'giving you the same treatment after kicking my cat' comment, that is poor poor form. Of course i can just come upto you and scratch your eyes out if you want and 'expect' to get away with it.

T*AT

so why are you allowing a 'totally untrainable animal' to have freedom of your house/outside. If its 'totally untrainable', then it should be in a cage. my cat's placid most of the time, but occassionally it will swing a leg out and give you a little scratch – I don't think that warrants the kicking of it's life – perhaps if I was as highly strung as you I might do

As for your 'if you were feeding a horse' scenario, thats just totally pathetic. ok then, would you hit the horse, or beat it if it nipped or kicked you whilst you were in it's space?

If animals bite, nip, scratch you then expect them to get what they deserve. You cant exactly sit a cat down and tell it its naughty and if it does it again then it will be 'grounded' for a week like you can with a person. here we are again – give it what it deserves? You seem to be forgetting that for the most, animals don't really know what we as humans perceive to be right or wrong. Yes they can be trained to a certain extent, but ffs, back to an earlier comment does a little scratch from a cat (and I only intimated to it 'trying' to scratch you) deserve a good kicking. I'm just trying to highlight peoples massive over-reaction, not giving an outright defence to agressive animals.

Now if an animal continues to bite or even maul humans then the law will pass judgement and yes that includes putting them down, just like if a human does that to another human/animal, then the law will pass judgement and 'cage' them ( or in America fry em, or middle east countries -chop there hands off) There's a big difference to a reactionary snipe from a dog or cat to it mauling someone

Think you need to look at yourself in the mirror because when you start treating animals as having more rights than humans then you are seriously deluded. At all means have them as pets, but, understand that they must at all times be under control please point out where I said they had more rights

And as for your 'giving you the same treatment after kicking my cat' comment, that is poor poor form. Of course i can just come upto you and scratch your eyes out if you want and 'expect' to get away with it. poor form or not, try kicking my cat in a massive over-reaction and see what happens. Your analagy of scratching my eyes out is totally off the mark

T*AT thankyou

huws
    Free Member

This thread appears to have attracted some really unpleasant people.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This topic is getting way off line, I mean, how many cats (I'm talking puddy cats, not 'Lion & Tiger' type cats) run up & scratch someone? Eh?
    Keep it real.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

The dog gave itself the heart attack and ok,very sad if you're the owner. But on an uninvolved level, the picture of the yappy dogs sprinting cockily in their pack after their poor, defenceless quarry (no doubt egging each other with doggy war cries) and then the utter dumbfounded deflation of the pack as their 'heroic' leader just keels over in mid yap…got to admit it's a little bit funny? 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member
    When animals become more important that humans it's a sad day.

No there are plenty of humans I would rather see drop dead in the road before my dog does

radoggair
    Free Member

[/quote]TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

Your again taking my quotations out of context.

Giving animals what they deserve for a little nip, scratch etc could be as little as a pushing away, a tap on the nose, a telling off, depends on the circumstances.

i would call it as it is. If i was out riding a bike then using my feet to keep an animal from biting my ankles to me would be acceptable, but if an animal (dog, cat or wild) shows aggression, wanting to inflict pain and continous with its doing so then i will do what i have to to prevetn the animal from doing so.
    Now, if your cat was on my lap (hypothetically) and i was stroking it and it scratched me then it would get pushed away as that would be my knee-jerk reaction. If it actually jumped towards my face and done so then i would react as seen fit.
    Dont get carried away with your defense against me, i do love animals (altho allergic to them). My point being, and this is regardless of animal or human, i will react to a situation as i see fit but in no circumstances do i see an animals life as more important than a humans.

Now what the OP did in my eyes was completely correct and relevant to the situation. What happened to the dog was not the OP's fault and for its death, thats a tradegy. Would or should he feel guilty, not at all.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm with Edric64 on this. The more people I meet; the more I love my dog.

bloodynora
    Free Member

This thread is hilarious 😆

timothius
    Free Member

How can something get so over excited that it blows its heart up? Pre-existing medical condition?

There again I think horses can be rode until they keel over. (if the films are to be believed)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I like this thread,

Some seriously angry people.

If it was me against the Dog, i'd make sure i won.

If it was dog against my three year old, dog would get a bigger kicking (after SS_Shep jr poked his eye's out and stuffed a toy car down its troat)

BUT if the dog is innocent and doesn't bother me it can go on with its life.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

How can something get so over excited that it blows its heart up?

You've never been to Scarborough have you? loads of kids get kicks out of feeding baking powder to seagulls,

ton

seriously people, the op (who i think is a ****) is pretty much saying that he is glad someones pet/animal/companion is dead.

what a **** complete knobber… 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

No I'm feeling the rage, on my ride home this morning a swan looked at me in a funny way, I just let it go. But I was wrong, on my way to work tomorrow I'm going to find that swan and kick the shite out of it!

luked2
    Free Member

A dog chases a bike, keeps up for a while then drops down dead?

That was not an old dog with a heart that had come to the end of its natural life.

That dog had been OVERFED by its IRRESPONSIBLE and ultimately CRUEL owner.

The owner bears all the blame for this. They probably gave it little "treats" – a bit of chocolate here, a saucer of beer there, a few chips mixed in with the Pedigree Chum. And ultimately, when that poor innocent animal was doing what comes naturally (chasing cyclists, biting them and getting caught in their wheels) it paid the ultimate price.

We should all mourn that animal, for it was a victim, killed by the person it trusted the most.

Two minutes silence. Again.

reynard
    Free Member

Which tyres are best for this?

luked2
    Free Member

Which tyres are best for this?

Oy. Shut up. Some of us are weeping inwardly.

warton
    Free Member

radoggair – Member

If your cat tried to scratch me then it would get the biggest kicking in its life.

radoggair – Member

Your again taking my quotations out of context.

Giving animals what they deserve for a little nip, scratch etc could be as little as a pushing away, a tap on the nose, a telling off, depends on the circumstances.

No he's not taking anything out of context, you're just contradicting yourself

And why take it out on an animal that has no idea that its doing anything wrong, do you rub your kids nose in a nappy to get them to use a potty? do you beat them if they accidental scratch you, or poke you in the eye.

what a prize idiot you are

viv
    Free Member

Sooooo…..

Anyone see the match eh?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Warton – do you have the ability to read?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Great troll. Could run and run.
    [woof]

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Sooooo…..

Anyone see the match eh?

bullheart
    Free Member

Bullshit thread.

Move on people.

iain1775
    Free Member

one of my dogs died this morning
    they are normally locked in the back but unknown to us a visitor left the gate open
    I found him 100 yards down the road from my front gate
    Vet said it was a heart attack but he also had large internal bleeding from a blow to his side

radoggair
    Free Member

No he's not taking anything out of context, you're just contradicting yourself

Warton, i'm not contradicting myself. If that cat TRIED to scratch my eyes out i would defend myself more severely than if he just did it whilst i was stroking him. Read what i said first.

And why take it out on an animal that has no idea that its doing anything wrong, do you rub your kids nose in a nappy to get them to use a potty? do you beat them if they accidental scratch you, or poke you in the eye.

No i wouldn't but alot of dog trainers rub there pooches noses in there wee and then take them outdoors to teach them to do it outside and i wouldn't do that to 'my' kids. In fact i wouldn't like my kids to go outside full stop to do a pee n poo and then follow behind them with a 'kiddie scoop'.

But then i suppose if your comparing them then why dont you just stick a collar round your kids neck, add a little tag and call them 'lassie' as well………. idiot

Think your being the prize idiot here

Bullshit thread.

Nah, keep up the self righteous babble.

Best thread since cinnamon_girl's badger 😆

warton
    Free Member

No i wouldn't but alot of dog trainers rub there pooches noses in there wee and then take them outdoors to teach them to do it outside

Negative reinforcement has been frowned upon for some years now, I doubt you'd find any good trainer that still does this…

anyway sorry if I got a bit carried away with the dog v kid thing, not the greatest comparison in the world!

gamo
    Free Member

Dont like to see any animals hurt or worse!but if dogs chase/bite they shouldn't be loose.

radoggair – far more sensible response this time and one that I can live with.

Your first post however just highlighted the notion that some people seem to think animals should be hurt for very inoccuous animal like (strangely enough) behaviour.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Ahhhh i love singletrackworld, its become a bit like last of the summer wine, confortably predictable, endlessly repeating over and over and over again……..

we love/hate/kick dogs
    we love/hate/kick our caravan dwelling cousins
    we love/hate/kick onone
    we love/hate/kick STW magazine
    we love/hate/kick fred

Sue_W
    Free Member

mmm … +1 to TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR, Keva etc

Of course being chased by a dog is scary and threatening, but there is a difference between an owner who deliberately lets their dog do this (in which case get exceeding angry at the owner); and a dog that might have escaped accidently and is then defending its patch (which sounds like the case with the OP if he has ridden up that way before without any problems). I can't see any need in taking enjoyment if the dogs suffers or dies.

Using violence against any animal is only acceptable in order to defend yourself in an immediate situation. If your child is knocked over by a dog running, then of course you're justified in being angry at it's owner – but kicking the dog with steel-toe capped boots and throwing it down the lane is unacceptable unless this the only option in order to defend your child? If not, then in my opinion violence against animals is unacceptable unless in immediate self-defence, as it is against humans.

Are animals 'more' important than humans? No … they are equally as important in terms of having a right to not be subjected to abuse or unneccessary violence. And on balance, attacks and abuse on dogs / cats etc by humans far exceeds that of attacks by dogs on people (maybe a trip down to the RSPCA will give you an idea of the deliberate abuse that animals suffer at the hands of humans)

mlke
    Free Member

"Ahhhh i love singletrackworld, its become a bit like last of the summer wine, confortably predictable, endlessly repeating over and over and over again……..

we love/hate/kick dogs
    we love/hate/kick our caravan dwelling cousins
    we love/hate/kick onone
    we love/hate/kick STW magazine
    we love/hate/kick fred "

that made me smile

Mikey65
    Free Member

How do you know it wasn't a trick to lure you back to be ripped to shreds…..cycle past tomorrow and count how many dogs are out 😀

By the way…shame on you not being able to outsprint a bunch of terriers 😥

richcc
    Free Member

Confused by this post. I assumed the OP had managed to take a dump, contrive a situation for a random dog to wander through it and then trample it round the owner's house

MrSmith
    Free Member

seriously people, the op (who i think is a ****) is pretty much saying that he is glad someones pet/animal/companion is dead.

what a **** complete knobber…

right or wrong it's not his fault the dog was not under it's owners control or that it died through it's own over excitement.
    i can't say your 'choice' words are justified either.

No-one has claimed it's his fault Mr Smith – it's more his apparent glee at the hound's demise that caused the initial reaction.

Nick

No-one has claimed it's his fault Mr Smith – it's more his apparent glee at the hound's demise that caused the initial massive over-reaction.

fixed it for you

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘reap what you sow little doggy!’ is closed to new replies.