Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Really Scotland????
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fannies were no bad, but biffy are pure guff. 😀

gordimhor

Hebridean is correct about skippinnish. Other than that hogmanay has been a travesty of itself for many years and the rollers do not represent a drop in standards

gordimhor

DP

athgray
    Free Member

Why do the bands have to be from Scotland?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Isn’t that the whole point of BBC Scotland? A chance for talented artists from Scotland to get a platform?

eckinspain
    Free Member

Capercaillie??

Oh please.

scotroutes

It’s the Hogmanay show.
    Hogmanay only happens in Scotland.

Put your Celtic cringe to one side for a day.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve recently noticed that the best that the great ‘British Broadcasting Corporation’ can manage for seeing the New Year in is Brian Adams, who’s Canadian!

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ve recently noticed that the best that the great ‘British Broadcasting Corporation’ can manage for seeing the New Year in is Brian Adams, who’s Canadian!

Well we got a cockney to open the Commonwealth Games so it’s not much different is it? At least the Rollers can make a claim of residence. And just be glad they never dragged out Annie Lennox!

Never listened to Capercaillie despite a mate being Vernals nephew (and knowing his daughter who is also doing her own gigging these days), stuff like that has never been particularly accessible to me.

maccruiskeen

I love a wee bit of Phil and Aly

Phil Cunningham told me an Accordianist Joke once.

An accordionist is booked to perform in a pub on New Years Eve. He plays the gig and every one has a great time. At the end of the night the pub landlord say “you were brilliant tonight, everyone had such a great time that I’d like to book you for next New Years Eve too” and the accordion player say “No problem. I’ll just leave my accordion here then”.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Really Scotland????’ is closed to new replies.