Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Really OT: can't open a soft close kitchen drawer (one for the kitchen fitters!?
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

I have a soft close kitchen drawer that is refusing to open (b&q fwiw….)

Any idea how I can get it open? i Have access from the cupboard underneath, and have removed the only screws I can access from here and It still won’t budge. Any help appreciated, I really don’t want to have to remove the work top, although there are no mitred joints on this section, so it wouldn’t be *too* bad.

Cheers

cbike
    Free Member

Is it a clip on front? I have Ikea fronts that can come off, handy if a fork gets stuck and prevents opening.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

cbike – I think its a clip on front (should know…I fitted it myself) but despite some serious tugging (fnarr fnarr) yesterday (so much so the units were starting to move! 😯 ) the drawer/drawer front wasn’t going anywhere 🙁

EDIT: They are clip on fronts, but to remove the front panel you have to open the drawer to push the clips in so the front pops off. I can’t open the drawer….

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Bump for the mid-week big hitters

ji
    Free Member

Cut the bottom of the drawer off, leaving a lip all around from underneath inside cupboard. Remove obstruction from drawer and open. Fit new piece of hardboard inside drawer bottom to sort out damage done.

poolman
    Free Member

I have granite worksurfaces so this would be bad….why not bang on bottom of drawer, front, anything to dislodge trapped article.

Can you not get a straightened out wire coathanger in there to have a rummage round.

Only trying to help…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Really OT: can't open a soft close kitchen drawer (one for the kitchen fitters!?’ is closed to new replies.