Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Really good pub grub and a nice stroll, North York moors.
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

Hi,

As the title suggests. Looking for a nice pleasant village for a feed and a steady stroll on Monday.

Cheers

yetidave
    Free Member

Farndale, walk by the daffodils, then pub in the village.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Cheers

alexpalacefan

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FdVcspOfQ[/video]

APF

andycs

Can’t help with a walk, but these are great pubs. The Wheatsheaf Inn at Egton. The Horseshoe Hotel at Egton Bridge.

porlus
    Free Member

lion inn at blakey ridge. No village. Its pretty much the only building for a few miles. Good food and beer. Plus it on the route of the lyke wake walk

muddodger
    Free Member

lion inn at blakey ridge. No village. Its pretty much the only building for a few miles. Good food and beer. Plus it on the route of the lyke wake walk

porlus, a couple of years ago I would’ve agreed with you, we used to visit several times a month and enjoyed many nice meals there, unfortunately quality has dropped.
    We recently walked from our house, 20 miles across the moor expecting a nice Sunday dinner, what we were served was nothing more than expensive crap, overcooked meat, frozen veg and since when was Sunday dinner ever £11.50? Don get me wrong I don’t mind paying for quality food, but this was far from it.
    Another occasion I called in with my son after a trip out in his 4×4 and were served burnt chips! There are far better pubs around that area now. Can’t argue it’s a lovely place in a fantastic location.

porlus
    Free Member

Bugger. Ain’t been for about 3-4 years. Always fancied booking a room at some point to stay for a proper drink. Probably give it a miss now.

porlus
    Free Member

Bugger. Ain’t been for about 3-4 years. Always fancied booking a room at some point to stay for a proper drink. Probably give it a miss now.

porlus
    Free Member

Grrrrrr double post. Damn phone.

yetidave
    Free Member

Dont stay in the pub, camp in what must be the most recent exposed pub camp site in Yorkshire. :-). Then you can experience the beer properly.

andywoods
    Free Member

Muddodger +1
    went there christmas time really disappointed definetlty gone downhill in food standards.
    hammy7272 crossbutts just out side whitby do nice food

muddodger
    Free Member

+1 for Crossbutts,also the Blackhorse in Swainby. food is fantastic, just happens to be our local
    (Not to be confused with the Blacksmiths)

T666DOM

Postgate in Egton is very good as is crossbuts.
    Ellerby hotel does a great Sunday lunch
    Cliff mount hotel in Runswick Bay is good too and great views

porlus
    Free Member

Yetidave. My lass and camping hahahahaha. Nay chance lol.

Not really the moors so to speak (and probably fully booked tomorrow). But harome has the star inn and another place. Far from cheap mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Really good pub grub and a nice stroll, North York moors.’ is closed to new replies.