Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Really disappointing stuff. Films,music, etc
  • binners

You know the ones. Things you thought 'that looks great' only to watch/listen to it and conclude that its utterly pants.

I watched Four Lions last night. I even bought it on DVD as, being a Chris Morris film, I reckoned it'd stand up to repeated viewing. How wrong I was. One viewing was more than enough. Its absolute crap!!! Embarrassingly awful!

Your nominations please

IHN

In terms of the greatest difference between experience and hype, I've got to go with Withnail and I. I thought it was utterly terrible.

Coyote
    Free Member

Reservoir Dogs. Over-blown crap.

RustySpanner

Cocaine.
    Drum 'n' Bass.

Pook

+1 Withnail and I.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

+1 on Four Lions.

clubber
    Free Member

Pretty much everything by Morrisey/The Smiths. Some of it's fine and some of the lyrics are quite good but really it's so far overhyped that it's hard not to hold that against it. And he's a miserable, grumpy sod.

Daffy

The Matrix sequels.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Zodiac – heard it raved about, saw it at the cinema, thought it was toss.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

sex…a poor substitute for the real thing

IHN

The Matrix sequels

I've not been disappointed by the sequels, mainly because, after being so disappointed with The Matrix, I haven't bothered watching them

Harry_the_Spider

Oasis – Be Here Now.

Been Played Once would have been a more apt name. Utter bobbins.

Withnail & I is a work of genius IMHO, but you have to watch it a few times.

findo_gask
    Free Member

Oasis' entire output since Definitely Maybe.

[edit – damn, too slow]

Flaperon

2012. Worst. Film. Ever.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah that was awful but I wasn't expecting much from it so wasn't disappointed…

organic355
    Free Member

Gorillaz new album, utter crap.

RustySpanner

Breville toasted sandwich makers.
    Filthy, Rich & Catflap.
    High Definition TV.
    Angel Delight.

Harry_the_Spider

The pubs in Berwick Upon Tweed.

Lifer
    Free Member

Drum 'n' Bass.

Heard any London Elecktricity?

There's a lot of awful DnB out there but there's some great stuff too, it's a massive genre. I'm not a fan of stuff like DJ Hype which is what most people think DnB is. Hospital Records podcast is a good start to hear a range of styles if you care, which I suspect you don't!

nickf
    Free Member

Kill Bill was appallingly awful. That said, I didn't expect it to be great. I saw KB 2 on DVD and watched perhaps 20 minutes. If Tarantino had edited the two films together he might (just maybe) have made a good film, but for me, it's easily the worst thing he's done. Yes, even including Death Proof

Possibly a bigger disappointment was Shrek 3. I had premiere tickets through a work contact, took the kids, who gave a resounding thumbs-down. They'd been so excited after the first two instalments, but the third was astonishingly poor.

On the flip side, just watched Iron Man on DVD, and expected it to be utter bobbins. For what it was, the result was surprisingly well-scripted and acted.

clubber
    Free Member

I thought Kill Bill (in a good cinema) was brilliant – properly blew me away. Kill Bill 2 was a massive disappointment. As strangely was seeing Kill Bill 1 on TV – a real underwhelming sensation having liked it so much at the cinema.

RustySpanner

Lifer, cheers for the tips.

Try and have a open mind when it comes to music but as much as I've tried, just can't get into it – was out around Bury for an all day music festival yesterday and the only bit I didn't really like was the D & B set
    at Siberia.

Luke Aznavour, a shouty bald chap with a backing track and a theramin was a highlight – a cross between Bob Calvert and John Shuttleworth 😀

odannyboy
    Free Member

the film "oh brother where art thou"
    sorry but i just didnt get it at all… 😯

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Considering it was billed as gritty etc it's turned out to be a bit of a steaming turd.

(Just borrowed the entire box set which is why I'm so far behind with this particular series)

philconsequence
    Free Member

organic food
    "classic" films and rock music (just 'cos something's old doesn't make it a classic!)
    +1 the matrix sequels
    +1 Withnail and I.
    american nature documentaries (in my humble opinion the tv liscense fee is worth it for the Blue Planet episode "the deep" alone)
    facebook
    london
    hot girls who open their mouth to reveal harsh accents
    sean lock's live stand-up dvd
    frankie boyle's live stand-up dvd
    my sister's choices in life
    my mum's inability to budget
    food that turns up with onions in/on it when you've specifically asked for no onions.

alex222
    Free Member

listen to some jungle and not dnb. as far as dnb albums go try beats by design by dj zinc. also timeless by goldie.

ononeorange

Top Gun. I thought it was utter, predictable tripe.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Debbie Does Dallas.

I mean, we don't even see her get to do Dallas ffs.

So I'm told. Not that I've watched it or anything… 🙄

"Ooh Mr Hardwick!"

Alcopop
    Free Member

Lost-stuck with it from the start,the end was guff
    Muse- stadium dross
    iphones
    Real Ale
    other people
    but hey were all different,if we all liked the same thing yadda yadda yadda
    x

Lifer
    Free Member

Real Ale? You've tried them all?

Alcopop
    Free Member

of the dozen or so iv'e tried over the years never found one that tasted alright,most were like ditch water

Sawyer
    Free Member

A book for me, Cormac McCarthy's The Road. Yeah, it was good, but it wasn't thatgood.

Oh, and Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. I expected it to be at least a bit interesting and different. Was just awful from start to finish.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

most music since the 90's 🙄

we finally got up to speed with the rest of the world and bought an IPOD, had a few mates over saturday night and they were laughing as 90% of the albums were fomr the 90's…..

most of the bands these days are utter tripe, i was watching the highlights of V and reading and i was almost crying….

Albanach
    Free Member

The Green Zone

binners

I'm with you 100% on the real ale thing Alcopop. All the beardy types chortle at me for orering fizzy euro-lager in the pub, but to me real ale all tastes like stagnant pond water.

I gather from your name, that your tipple is WKD blue? 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Muse, The Resistance– really, really looking forward to it. Oh well.

peachos
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    Gorillaz new album, utter crap.

i'm outraged. it's a brilliant, very well rounded album. albarn is a genius.

odannyboy
    Free Member

I kind of agree on the real ale a few are fantastic but lots are "wanna be's"in my opinion.and again imho when something really good does get created it tends to eventually go into lots of pubs and be commonly found everywhere thus not realing classing it as niche "real ale"
    i could be wrong tho…

stuey
    Free Member

Dry cake.

Cougar

Cash-in sequels to films that ended properly. Highlander 2 ('there should have been only one'), Alien cubed, The Matrix Rebooted and suchlike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Really disappointing stuff. Films,music, etc’ is closed to new replies.