Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Really cheeky request for help
  • Cougar

So,

A mate of mine has gone out and bought himself a BSO as an introduction to biking, with a view to getting something half decent if he gets on with it.

I’ve been giving him remote support to get him rolling – for instance, he was having problems setting up the gears – but I think what he really needs is someone geographically close to cast an eye over it and I’m a couple of hundred miles away.

Is there anyone mechanically minded within stomping distance of Peebles up in That Scotland who’d feel charitable enough to spare a bit of time to help a new rider get going, maybe in return for a slab of ale or something? I know it’s a big ask but it just kills me that his first experience of biking is turning into a trauma.

Cheers.

bruneep

To far north to help, must be someone?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Slab of ale you say!

Actually that bso doesnt look too bad probably costs more than what my missus uses very happily.

I’m in Peebles tomorrow. If I dont have lifts for folk (to GT) then I could arrive around 6ish and spend an hour practicing my “plumbers estimate” teeth sucking technique. I’m a proficient dabbler: know enough to be dangerous to myself and enough to know not to endanger others. email in profile. I keep the usual ferrules, cables etc in the van.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Nice one, appreciated. I’ll pass the message on.

TBH, even personal recommendations for a LBS would probably be a great help.

Trekster

Cougar – Member
    Nice one, appreciated. I’ll pass the message on.

TBH, even personal recommendations for a LBS would probably be a great help.
    TJ 😉
    He could hang around the Hub car park
    The Hub bike shop, Alpine Bikes(GT or Inners), The one up the lane??

Cougar

Ah yes, good point, well made.

Update, anyway – seems he’s in Coldstream rather than Peebles, entirely my fault for misremembering. Thanks anyway, appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Really cheeky request for help’ is closed to new replies.