Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Really bad experience at Evans Cycles Bristol :(
  • zilog6128

What does ‘endurable’ mean?

We don’t have to endure another thread like this again? 😉

easyrider
    Free Member

@nealglover
    I don’t work in customer service so don’t expect me to be at the end of a phone during shop opening hours ?

Anyhow, I’d prefer their complaints dept to liaise with myself if possible.

Perhaps I’ll go Zola Budd next time, this whole experience has been most off putting 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I don’t work in customer service so don’t expect me to be at the end of a phone 24/7

customer service is 24/7?

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyhow, I’d prefer their complaints dept to liaise with myself me if possible.

That’s better 😉

Big-M
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of Supplest 1 road pair with the carbon soles and 1 MTB pair without carbon.
    I find both pairs very comfy, my MTB one have seen me through a year of commuting, as well as the usual MTB outings, they’re still going strong.

I’d buy another pair, can’t comment on Evans service, they’ve always been OK. As for the shoes, I like them.

acjim
    Free Member

*hands up*

i also have a pair of the carbon MTB suplest shoes, have used them for approx 1.5 years without issue

i’m not Elite though

MS
    Free Member

Bit late in the day…but doesn’t sound like Evans were all that bad. I am sure they get a lot of folk coming in saying stuff is broken and it must be covered under warranty. Were you expecting Evans to just cough up and give you the money/new pair of shoes right there and then?

Hopefully you will get new shoes in the end…!

easyrider
    Free Member

Still no word from Evans….

j0hnb
    Free Member

Hi Simon,

I work for Evanscycles and I have just spoken to the Bristol store regarding your shoes.

They tell me that they have attempted to call you this week but have been unable to get through.

They tell me that Suplest decided that your shoes were not a warranty. but the store had decided that they would replace the shoes for you.

If you would like to contact the store please give them a call.
    They are quite busy at the moment so you may want to email them at bristol.store@evanscycles.com

Regards John B

Jamie
    Free Member

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how to generate good PR.

franksinatra

j0hnb.

Did he get special treatment as he is an ex elite level racer? 😉

easyrider
    Free Member

Called Evans on Saturday (finally got hold of somebody).
    Finally got loads of Evans voice mail today as well, can’t explain the delay but heh ho…
    confirming that Evans have decided to get me a nice new pair, even though Suplest who made the shoes decided that it was not a warranty problem.
    Thank ‘Evans 🙂 (and Tim Berners Lee)
    What can I say ? BUY STUFF FROM EVANS CYCLES

easyrider
    Free Member

..AND WOTS WID THE GRAMMA POLICE?
    maybe scrabble is more your cup of tea.

TooTall
    Free Member

I bet it was him shouting ‘FORMER ELITE RIDER COMING THROUGH’ as he entered the shop that made them take notice.

Edukator
    Free Member

Pleased to hear Evans sorted you out.

Yes, the original 5:10 impacts had a cardboard midsole. Mine have been worn at least once a week in all weathers for seven years or so. Cardboard can be OK.

I had a pair of Pumas with a cardboard insole which fell to bits the first time they got wet and the shop replaced them with very little debate.

Cougar

They tell me that Suplest decided that your shoes were not a warranty. but the store had decided that they would replace the shoes for you.

Probably sensible given that the customer has a contract with the shop bound by the SOGA and what the manufacturer thinks or doesnt think is the shop’s problem.

RustySpanner

And WHAT is wrong with Scrabble?

molgrips
    Free Member

Upwords is a better game.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Really bad experience at Evans Cycles Bristol :(’ is closed to new replies.