Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Really bad experience at Evans Cycles Bristol :(
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

CountZero – is that how you try out a pair of shoes, stomp round the shop for 5 minutes? Sorry, that just created a comedy image in my head of someone doing that with a really exaggerated stomping motion, arms pumping and a determined look on your face, while all the other customers/shop assistants look on in bemusement 😀

easyrider
    Free Member

‘Suplest Swiss shoes by bikers for bikers’ is the company mission statement. Not ‘From China for display purposes only’
    Maybe the Swiss should stick to Toblerone, at least that has quality cardboard in the packaging, and has some use to it.
    Reminds me of the sticker on ye olde Mongoose Pro BMX ‘for street use only’.LOL.
    Who’s racing for Evans these days, maybe they will like these crap shoes as a gift?

nickc

I reckon Evans will fob me off then I’m left £125 out of pocket.

Not really, you’ve got a pair of shoes with a slightly disappointing inner sole, which could be replaced (Ok, you may not have planned to do that, but it’s not the end of the world)

Never heard of Suplest, but a quick glance at the Evans site shows me that I can get a 40% discount on a pair, which sort of tells me what I need to know about them.

As an ex elite, perhaps you should have purchased more wisely? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Told you you’d get stick for being elite 🙂

easyrider
    Free Member

Never heard of Suplest, but a quick glance at the Evans site shows me that I can get a 40% discount on a pair, which sort of tells me what I need to know about them.

Sidi’s are also discounted so WTF. The shoes were a present for Christmas, I could have said, ‘I’ll just take the dosh’ but decided against it, hence the cut price shoes.

What’s with this anti-elite culture? Flipping discrimination.

nickc

and you can get replacement inner soles for them…. 😆

mccraque

Seems a bit silly to me that the wouldn’t just swap them over there and then. Regardless of whether there’s (in their mind) an element of doubt. Isn’t the saying that if you receive (perceived) good service then you tell 10 people. If you receive bad service you tell 100!?

Contrast this to Halfords – who get a lot of flack usually but I had a fantastic experience. I went with my Boardman Pro which had just seen the warranty expire. Cracked top tube. I’d managed to get some photos of the inside of the tube thanks to a mate who works for a fairly decent engineering company.

No argument, no “I’ll send it off” for warranty dept. They took the old bike, built the parts to a new frame, apologised for the kerfuffle and left me a very happy customer.

easyrider
    Free Member

tightwad 😆

binners

Which colour did you get? The white ones look reet pimpy, like. BOOOM!

easyrider
    Free Member

yeah them white and black ones : box fresh innit… But their easy clean outers hide a putrid and decaying heart. Beauty is only skin deep and all that.

binners

I wonder if anyone paid the full £240 list price to have them fall apart? That’s daft money for a pair of shoes. But at that price you’d be expecting something thats going to last!

easyrider
    Free Member

…if so I would hate to be their cat….
    not that I in anyway condone violence against cats oh no really no 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

I used to race at Elite level

Are you an engineer aswell?

easyrider
    Free Member

yeah software

clubber
    Free Member

I used to race at Elite level (though admittedly not in cycling but please note the capital E) and I am an engineer (or at least I have the degree to say I am).

What do I win? 🙂

easyrider
    Free Member

In Mtb it was always Pro-Elite, think it originated from the States, but Elite then yes very good too. What discipline ?

boblo
    Free Member

yeah software

Now that explains everything… 🙂

/end of thread

easyrider
    Free Member

Anyhow I have a missed call from Evans, and a real person has replied to my complaints email – the Evans team can redeem themselves even at this late hour…..

binners

Just out of interest, what if they proposed an exchange, but in your size they’ve only got the white and red ones left

Where do you stand?

wwaswas

Where do you stand?

It’s a tragedy
    When your shoes don’t work
    and Evans ignore you.
    A tragedy!

easyrider
    Free Member

LOL
    I’d take ’em then fleabay ’em as ‘brand new shoes’.

easyrider
    Free Member

or maybe on STW classifieds!

easyrider
    Free Member

These are the most bling:

boblo
    Free Member

Now they are for Elite only 🙂
    ……or the partially sighted… 🙂

easyrider
    Free Member

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
    I’m a suplest evans man, no ballcock

julianwilson
    Free Member

Original post:

After merely 10 rides the material under the insole has literally fallen apart, it seems to be made of cardboard! It did this on a wet ride across Exmoor.

nickc – Member
    you’ve got a pair of shoes with a slightly disappointing inner sole, which could be replaced (Ok, you may not have planned to do that, but it’s not the end of the world)

and

nickc – Member

and you can get replacement inner soles for them….

OP was talking about the midsole not the insole. Glued to the rest of the shoe and part of it. Not easily replaceable though I expect a skilled cobbler could repair by taking the whole shoe apart. Similar problems with early five ten impacts iirc.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I used to race at Elite level (though admittedly not in cycling but please note the capital E) and I am an engineer (or at least I have the degree to say I am).

What do I win?

An iffy job in IT 😉

easyrider
    Free Member

or Director of your own Ltd company if you’re lucky 😆
    and part time property developer
    KMA

boblo
    Free Member

Ahhhhh, a £1 company and a bit of DIY. A lovely combination 🙂

easyrider
    Free Member

..sounds like you know it well?

boblo
    Free Member

Are we brothers…? 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

What do I win?

The grumpy contest – every time.

easyrider
    Free Member

not that I know of… unless my parents were keeping something quiet!

easyrider
    Free Member

Also whilst on the subject of pimp footwear how about these ?
    Would complete and excellent storm trooper look :

boblo
    Free Member

Have you spoken to Evans yet?

easyrider
    Free Member

Just called them back but it’s the usual story nobody can bother to pick up the phone.

And why should I waste my time calling them on the off chance they can be bothered to pick the phone up when I can be posting stuff on ‘this’ forum instead?

nealglover
    Free Member

Just called them back but it’s the usual story nobody can bother to pick up the phone.

Earlier

…I have a missed call from Evans

Quite spectacularly well played sir.

An own goal of the highest order 😉

Sancho
    Free Member

Just to be clear I wasnt implying the OP was a berk, just asking why go for these shoes when at that price range there are some great shoes out there.
    Sidi, Mavic, Spesh, Northwave etc.

id suggest the OP gets a credit and gets some other more endurable shoes.

boblo
    Free Member

What does ‘endurable’ mean?

Sancho
    Free Member

have a guess

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Really bad experience at Evans Cycles Bristol :(’ is closed to new replies.