Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Real world wheel weight
  • tom199
    Free Member

Been looking to upgrade my Sram Roam 40 wheels that came on my bike and a mate has a set of virtually brand new Flow ex rims on Hope Pro 2s for sale which I’m very tempted by.
    But question is will the extra weight really be noticeable?
    Srams are quoted at 1695g a pair and flows are quoted at 1823g so about 130g difference.
    My riding is a fairly even mixture of local xc type trails, UK/ welsh trail centre visits and the odd trip to the lakes/ peaks etc so a real mixture where lightweight is handy some times and strong is required at other times.

dirtydog
    Free Member

No, you wont notice 130 grams differrence even if it is rotational mass.

MarkyG82

Different wheels COULD feel very different. The weight in the new set could be in the hubs or all the extra weight could be in the rims. Either way you could lose the extra by changing tyres.

taxi25
    Free Member

How sensitive are you ? First spin up I can tell the difference between lightweight and normal tubes. After a few minutes I’ve adjusted and things feel the same.
    More to the point I’ve got some sram roam 40 wheel and really rate them. I don’t think the flow/pro wheel set is a massive upgrade, certainly not worth it until the Roam’s are trashed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Real world wheel weight’ is closed to new replies.