Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Real world experience of the Bell Super 3R
  • darrell
    Free Member

need a new trail helmet and the option for the chin bar for occasional use is appealing – I am getting old and cr4p at riding

anyone with some real world experience of this helmet?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is that the MIPS one? Have the 2r (non mips), too warm for me in summer but a mate has the MIPS one and reckons it’s got better airflow.

Didn’t really fit my head either

kraken2345
    Free Member

I’ve had the 3 since Decemeber, no chin guard though. Fits me great and a lot more coverage/security than the hex it replaced. With that coverage comes a greater heat buildup but I value protection more and sweat regardless. Not uncomfortable even when hot though.

darrell
    Free Member

Well I live on the west coast of Norway so heat really ain’t a problem

edge85

I bought a 3R MIPS to use on a trip to the Alps. Didn’t find it too hot in the 30c heat we had while there and wore the chin bar everyday. Had a face plant on the first day and was very glad I had the chin bar on, definitely saved a trip to A&E!

I’ve used it as normal without the chin bar since getting back and its been great. Fits my head well and don’t notice its there.

bedfordrd

What edge85 said – apart from the faceplant! The Super 2R never fitted me, whether standard or MIPS (MIPS version was worse), so I never bought one. Just had the wrong shaped head I guess.

The 3R is a much better fit, much cooler than my old 661 full face (*much* cooler in the 30c of Alps we had), and I didn’t really notice the chin guard the day we went pedalling (!!! Yes, really…)

I’ll be using the 3R with chin guard for the Ard Rock.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Super 2R fits me fine (big head – old size 7 5/8) and is no hotter than any other helmet I have (Giro road, POC mtb one), but does get a little cosy with the chin guard on but thats not surprising for a red faced sweater like me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Real world experience of the Bell Super 3R’ is closed to new replies.