• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Real world differences in rockshox forks? reba or sid
  • c_klein87

dangerous I know, but I’m after some advice! i’d like some new forks for my race bike, I’ve tried a lefty, which turned out to be a useless piece of crap, currently got a old set of sid XX on there but these will go on my spare bike, and the xloc has always been temperamental, otherwise good fork.
    I’ve been looking at the murdered out Reba RL’s as they are £320 from Germany and same weight as sid XX at nearly £500 other than not having remote lockout, are they likely to feel any different? i’m the most aggressive rider and I don’t weigh much so want something simple and reliable

ta

chris

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk/

devash
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware the latest Rebas and SIDs share the same stanchions / lowers and the only difference is the SIDs have slightly better damping and weight a few grams less.

Plenty of lads I know race on Rebas. They’re great forks and so simple to service yourself, although I preferred the old dual air system to the new solo air.

boxelder

Did you use the lockout, or do a lot of damping tuning/fiddling?
    If not, Rebas, and I’d agree with the dual air comments.

i’m not the most aggressive

?

LoCo
    Free Member

Lower different on current models, rebas are, recon/tora lowers, coatingon stantions will be fast balck on sids along with better damping on the sids (xx is just a remote and not great)
    Sid a bit lighter too.
    Dampers are upgradeable in the rebas, a few of the Race team have custom RCT3 damped rebas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Real world differences in rockshox forks? reba or sid’ is closed to new replies.