Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Real life hot tub experiences……sorry, not that type.
  • neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Been looking into getting one of those layzspa inflatable hot tubs. Has anyone here got one who can give a rough idea of running costs. I’ve been told anything from £5 a week to £30 a week electricity costs, obviously one sounds reasonable, the other makes it cost prohibitive.
    It’ll be on a raised wooden deck with insulating pad and cover.
    Thanks all.

globalti
    Free Member

A hot bath and a tin of baked beans is much cheaper.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Muckysexpond

binners

Fetidsexpool

hammyuk
    Free Member

Well at least it congeals to the floating pubes thus making it easier to clean the filter :mrgreen:

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeastinfectionpuddle

jp-t853

We have had one for about four years and it costs about £1 per day on Economy 7 but we don’t have it on all of the time, usually put it on for the weekend.

The big downside is that the pumps are fully integrated so when one bit fails the whole pump and heater goes down and they do fail, ours was just after a year old. I split the broken pump in to parts and sold them on ebay then put a separate swimming pool pump and simple mechanical hot tub heater in it’s place and this heats up much more quickly and doesn’t need filters.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ah, you can’t beat a bit of fine craftsmanship, as pictured above 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Kinked pipe and no grommet on power cable coming on.
    Pfffft…..

rone

We’ve got a ‘rigid’ hot tub. Got it in March. Absolutely love it at the end of a day.

It costs £9 a week in Leccy. Most of that is not keeping it heated but the jets as 3kw x 2! A good quality cover keeps the heat insulated. So it doesn’t drop off temp to much over the day. We use it most days.

We nearly had an inflatable but saw it as a halfway house and chucked the extra at a powerful 2/3 person one. The cost is a big jump and we were well positioned to fork the extra cash out. Ours sits on a concrete base in a discrete part of the garden :).

Chemicals you check every couple of days. Straight forward chlorine testing strips. Only issue we’ve had is with grubby friends that don’t shower before. So I would insist on showering for all that use it, otherwise you may get foaming etc. All easy to deal with.

One of the best things we’ve ever bought.

elma
    Free Member

Been in my layzspa all afternoon enjoying the sunshine class best £250 I’ve ever spent. Cost wise Its about £4 a week in electric but I keep mine at about 30 degrees and then just bump it up a couple of hours before I go in to heat it to 40
    Definitely tell everyone to have a shower before they get in as the filters aren’t the best.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lazyspas are a bit harsh on the wallet in winter to run which some would say is the best time to use them. Fil has bought one last month after using our proper tub and for what they cost he’s well chuffed with it.
    We’ve got a full blown 5 man job which we love. Costs about a quid a day at the moment but nearer two in the winter. My running costs aren’t guess work from a dodgy salesman either as it’s independently monitored. Switched to bromine as it’s kinder on the skin. I’ve spent ages on chemical regimes and it’s now crystal clear whenever we come to use it. Foaming isn’t actually caused by mucky mates as stated above but by people who wear body creams and just jump in, don’t rinse properly whilst showering, hair products and even if your washing machine doesn’t rinse all the washing powder out of your swimming costume properly.

rone

I meant Grubby as in not prepared to shower.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

full blown 5 man job

*Insert picture of Village People here*

antigee

hard to follow the above but now stopped laughing would have thought something like this for STWer’s?

http://www.forestflame.co.uk/wood-fired-hot-tubs.html

burko73
    Stoner
    Free Member

I give you, the Hot Tub Tug* Boat

* not that kind of tug.

You just need a larger sexpond.

hammyuk
    Free Member

How do you know Stoner?
    Can’t see where the blonde’s right hand is…..

chrisdw
    Free Member

swimming costume

🙄

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’ve nothing to add, but I did have a very enjoyable evening in a hot tub with a Singapore airlines flight attendant, 32 stories up, overlooking the city. Top tip is to not let the bubbles stop as everything become a lot less private.

theotherjonv

You have nothing to add ……apart from a story where we can actually still see the self-satisfied grin on your face.

I had a jacuzzi with my mother-in-law, and another with an ex-National Champion ballroom dancer*. One I’d happily repeat again, the other is best blanked….

* female before anyone posts a picture of Anton Du Beke

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Real life hot tub experiences……sorry, not that type.’ is closed to new replies.