Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Real life comparisons between new and old xt brakes-upgrade ??
  • deano8
    Free Member

I need to replace my brakes but sometimes found I needed more power.
    I understand the difference between slx and xt but wondered how much better they are compared to the old style xt’s?
    Could I possibly be better off with Zee’s?
    It’s just a trail bike and I’m only about 75kgs

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I run XT on my dh bike. 6 weeks of thrash in whistler last year not one problem and I’m 15st.

deano8
    Free Member

Thank you for your reply, if they’re good enough for you then I reckon they’re good enough for me:)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Or be tight. I’ve got deore on my trail bike. Noticeable difference when riding about nil

duckers
    Free Member

What compound pads are you using? This can have a big impact.

takisawa2

Have latest XT’s on new bike.
    Can’t say they are any different to Deores.
    Just shinier.
    I wouldn’t pay the premium.

DickBarton

Compared a set of 06 XT to 15 XT and it is night and day, the 15s are far superior…much more power, stopping is requiring less effort and you can brake later.

thejesmonddingo

Last set of XTs I had were 2009,fitted 2015s to my bike last month after getting tee’d off with Avids,the new ones are superb,seem very reliable,easy to bleed,and to set up,I’m very happy with them.

deano8
    Free Member

Duckers- ive used Kevlar, sintered but I reckon that one piston on the front is more effective than the other, these will be relegated to the training bike.
    Thank you to everyone for your advice!!

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I’ve got both sets and the latest version blow the previous ones away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Real life comparisons between new and old xt brakes-upgrade ??’ is closed to new replies.