Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Real ale wobble 2012
  • sideshow
    Free Member

What’s this event like? The vids on the facebook page don’t look like very technical riding – and they advertise an all abilities course – are there some gnarlier options as well?

somafunk

It’s as “gnarly” as you want to make it, you could always ride your bit hit mutha-hucking freeride ready mountain quashing machine down the stairs in the neuff arms, that’d be gnarly*10+1.

On a serious note – No, it’s not gnarly, it’s a social beer drinking event with a nice ride out in the hills and perhaps we’ll ride a bit…… fall over, ride a bit…fall over, ride a bit….fall over, etc…etc.

(some of us may fall over more than others)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

There are three or four enduro-style descents which are optional, bit Dyfi-like if you know what I mean. But on the whole, as somafunk says. It’s got a great, chilled out atmosphere all weekend (best experienced if you can stay over and get pissed in the Neuadd Arms after the event).

somafunk

Neuff – Doh! should’ve been Neuadd arms……..sometimes names get mixed in the heat of battle and i file something away that makes little sense afterwards.

And this guy below is King Wobble, look at him, he’s got an official microphone and everthing – dy’a think he cares a jot bout gnarly options?.

singlespeedstu

Last year it was a wobble round in the forest with optional boomgnar medium sections along the way.

They’re using a totaly new route this year though.

If you want to make it more allmountain light drink more ale. 🙂

The real harcore challenge is trying to get to the bar while the whole pub is trying to make the floor collapse while jumping up and down to Dangerous Dave. 😀

ssjeff
    Free Member

Its GnarlCore to the power of Sik on my SS duuuuude

singlespeedstu

The carpet burns Neil had on his nob after naked stair diving were pretty sik.

Apparently.

oldgwegg
    Free Member

Like others have said, its more of a social ride, but the food and ale made for a good night after the ride. It does what it says on the tin: piss-up on a bike. When I did it about 7 years ago, it was half boggy mud, a few firetracks, a few woodsy sections, with added beer stops.

If you want something more hardcore, you could do the Horse vs Man, organised by the same people.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Anyone know if there is camping available? Read something about rugby club being used but nothing official as far as I can see.

sofaking
    Free Member

Anyone know if there is camping available? Read something about rugby club being used but nothing official as far as I can see.

Yes there is camping but the facilities are beyond basic 😆

Nick

Camping on the dogshit covered roadside verge or flooded rugby pitch, washing with a cold water hosepipe, queing for the one working but blocked and flooded toilet after 10 pints and a curry, crying.

Character building doesn’t come close, more like a near death experience.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Hmmmm, accommodation looked a bit steep. Any recommendations? I’ve got the van to fall back on so not the end of the world.

sofaking
    Free Member

accomodation will be all booked up from last year. ring the tourist info and they might have a cancellation if your lucky

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Real ale wobble 2012’ is closed to new replies.