Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • REAL ALE -Who else likes talking about real ale after a hard ride?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

binners

Theres a really good pub in Ramsbottom. big, bottom of the hill…. whats it called?

That’ll be the Irwell works brewery

The regular start and finish point for the imaginatively titled Ramsbottom Brewery rides

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

A good friend works at Tring Brewery, which when I lived in Tring was conveniently 200m down the road.

Very good ales too and some great specials – particular fan of Sidepocket for a Toad.

hora
    Free Member

Ah- that looks nice, no I meant this place: http://www.hareandhoundsbury.com/

rewski
    Free Member

One of the great thing about the South Downs is that there seems to be a village with a pub at the bottom of every descent

Indeed, eight bells in Jevington is a good one, especially after Friston Forest.

atlaz
    Free Member

Or ride the North Downs/Surrey Hills and go to Coldharbour for their beer or the Surrey Hills Brewery for theirs.

hora
    Free Member

Or ride the North Downs/Surrey Hills and go to Coldharbour for their beer or the Surrey Hills Brewery for theirs.

We have a winner.

s
    Free Member

Been doing a after work summer Friday beer bike ride now for the last 4 years.

Each rider has a chance to plot a route, only two rules, must contain some off road and the Pub must serve Real Ale, seems to work.

Started with 4 riders, now we have a group of 8-12 turn out every week, group split 50/50 between real ale drinkers and bikers quite a odd mix, but it works really well.

Great way of finding good local singletracks and some decent beer gardens 😉

binners

We had a few post ride pints in there last night Hora. Tis indeed a good boozer

hora
    Free Member

Theres the nice-beamed bit as well. That’d be good for a suspended feckswing.

ourmaninthenorth

For those fortunate enough to live in the North West, you’ll be pleased to know that Patsy Slevin (of Prospect Brewery) is soon to open a pub near Wigan.

Which is conveniently cyclable from home 😀

Patsy being interviewed by Oz Clarke and James May:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZm1C5hrpGs[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

Oh, and I shall be attending the opening night of a local beer festival tonight. 100 beers to get through before Monday….

singletrackmind

Im saying nothing !

hora
    Free Member

Where? Wigan¿ have you moved from Manxville?

jonnyv
    Free Member

Me.

Ambrose
    dekadanse
    Free Member

Thanks – mine’s an Adnams Broadside.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘REAL ALE -Who else likes talking about real ale after a hard ride?’ is closed to new replies.