Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Real Ale in a Camelbak?
  • tomfun

Off to the beach this weekend and the pub is miles away. Thought about taking the camelbak and put a few pints in it to chill in the cool box. I imagine it should work ok as proper beer isn’t full of bubbles. Any body tried it?

continuity
    Free Member

Don’t plan on using the camelbak for anything else.

Ever again.

JackHardcore
    Free Member

Probably, I took a litre of Smirnoff and two litres of fresh orange to t in the park with mine and it was fine 🙂

Garry_Lager

I knew a lad who’d sneak a camelbak of ale into gigs. Worked well AFAIK.

Not seeing the motivation to fill a bladder full of ale and placing it in the cool box. Couldn’t you just, you know, stick 6 bottles of beer in there? Why’s the camelbak getting involved?

tomfun

Camelback is being used as near the beach there is a nice proper pub which sells really good beers which is much nicer than the cans.

Keef
    Free Member

why on earth would you want to chill Ale,weird……

kinda666
    Free Member

Very…

So is the pub miles away or close to the beach??

djglover
    Free Member

Take a milkchurn full of sherry instead.

tomfun

Pub is miles away.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I would either pick up a cheap bladder from somewhere like sports direct (they sell karrimor branded ones fairly cheap) or try those collapsible water bottles rather than potentially wrecking a camelbak bladder. Cleaning anything other than water out of one tends to be a pain.

continuity
    Free Member

I would either pick up a cheap bladder from somewhere like sports direct (they sell karrimor branded ones fairly cheap)

To build on this and my older post. I put rum and coke in my camelbak. I scrubbed it, bicarb of soda’d it, boiled it, froze it, scrubbed it more.

It took a solid week of scrubbing to begin to clear the taste. I can still almost taste it 8 months of use later.

kinda666
    Free Member

and the pub is miles away

near the beach there is a nice proper pub

Can’t you go to this one instead?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Off to the beach this weekend and the pub is miles away. Thought about taking the camelbak and put a few pints in it to chill in the cool box. I imagine it should work ok as proper beer isn’t full of bubbles. Any body tried it?

I presume when you buy this beer it comes in some form of container? Could you not just put said container in cool box. Or use old milk cartons if you must transfer beer into another container.

andyl
    Free Member

take a plastic milk bottle.

Used to get take away cider from a strong cider place in Bristol in milk bottles.

When finished chuck in nearest plastic recycling. 🙂

OCB
    Free Member

[…]

allthepies
    Free Member

Put it in a 2 litre placcy bottle, old mineral water or soft drink styleee. You can also use it for a ghetto tubeless inflator afterwards 😉

beachboss
    Free Member

Pah….Ale in a Camelbak…..I know someone who swears he puts soup in his during the cold weather…..you know who you are 8) 11 out of 10 for Awsomeness.

That is all.

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I put Bowmore singlemalt in a water bottle to take up to a hut in the Alps .For the rest of the life of the bottle there was a wee hint of peat

Freester

Stella Artois was a bit explosive after a descent on my hardtail.

Red wine works well. No gas issues and it doesn’t matter it if gets a bit warm.

messiah
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a “growler”.

My Brewdog growler is awesome and keeps two pints of epic ale fresh for up to a week.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Real Ale in a Camelbak?’ is closed to new replies.