Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reading NFC tags with Nokia mobile phone
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered that my phone can read NFC. It has “tap to share” functions, but when I hold it next to NFC tags, it starts to make funny noises too [probably “I can’t talk to this”].

Being rather into hacking, in the traditional sense of modifying and playing-with, I clearly want to find a way to read the raw data from these – who knows what fun can be had 🙂

Any experience? Anyone know how to do this?

Sam

jairaj

I’ve got an Android app called NFC Tools developed by Wakdev. Which allows me to read or write to NFC tags.

You can buy blank NFC tags for not a lot of money and program them with whatever data you want.

There is an accompanying app called NFC Tasks that allows you to perform preset tasks when any particular tag is read.

I haven’t really found a genuine use for it, mostly just gimmicky.

eg You can program a tag to be called “Work” and place it at your desk at work. Then when I get to work I place my phone on the tag and the phone automatically changes to silent mode and displays the calendar to show my meetings.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aaah, yes that’s the sort of stuff I found, but it’s preset options? You can’t do a byte-dump?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Evening bump 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

?Final bump?

There must be some self-confessed nerds on here that have/will try this?!

leffeboy

Nfc interactor will let you dump bytes as far as I know (assuming you have a windows phone) and it’s got a trial version. I did think about doing this but then remembered that my list of stuff to play with was way too big already and stopped myself

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Good call, that man 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I once sat at a desk in an office that had an NFC symbol on it. I put my phone on it and it said ‘cannot open this type of data’. Still have no idea what it was – and it was the only desk that had it too.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It was probably a test.

Looks like you failed 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reading NFC tags with Nokia mobile phone’ is closed to new replies.