Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Reaction at when your partner does something totally stupid content…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Got a call from the Mrs saying don’t be angry at me etc…

Someone knocked on the door and asked if my campervan was for sale…wife says it maybe…man says oh I export them back to Nigeria to sell…my wife says oh let me take your number and btw way my name is e****. Said man then leaves…

Wife then calls me and says don’t be mad blah…I kin hit the roof…I asked didn’t alarm bells ring export back to Nigeria etc its a ingfku set up or something…

I then phoned him up and said van is not for sale and the guy was why not ? your wife E**** seems to think it was ! I politely said its not etc.

We live on a fairly busy street so we had an intercom fitted for this very reason…she never uses it ! (I do)

Have had a massive row over it which ended with me saying not everyone that knocks on your door is nice in this world and bad poo happens !

ps Did I mention he was green with pink spots ? Cos if I had said he was from Nigeria I may get slated….(he actually said he was from pink and green spots land..,.)

Argument city this eve…

peterfile
    Free Member

To be fair to your wife, she may not spend as much time browsing online as you and is therefore not familiar with the plethora of Nigerian scams (a door to door one is certainly a first!)

Plus, it’s a pretty rubbish scam if all he did was get your wife’s first name and handed out his mobile number 🙂

Honestly, I think your wife did the right thing. A strange man on her doorstep enquiring about the van and she took his number, told you and left it there.

mega
    Free Member

you are angry but focusing on the wrong person – sounds like your Mrs was put on the spot.
    Go speak to this person then see if there is anything to be angry about

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    winston_dog
    Free Member

Could be completely legit.

I have seen loads of older vehicles at Tilbury docks, all waiting to be exported to West Africa. There is quite a busy trade by all accounts.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re in the habit of getting angry with your wife. I’d hate my partner to be afraid of me. I presume that you have control issues?

wwaswas

Let’s see;

Man knocks on door and asks if van for sale.

Partner says “I’ll get my bloke to call you”

Bloke calls door knocker and says it’s not for sale.

Bloke gets upset with partner.

Let’s hope she never does anything actually bad, eh.

grum
    Free Member

Is the wife going to make a thread – what to do when your partner massively overreacts?

annebr
    Free Member

so is your campervan for sale?

atlaz
    Free Member

Could be completely legit.

I have seen loads of older vehicles at Tilbury docks, all waiting to be exported to West Africa. There is quite a busy trade by all accounts.

My parents have a friend originating in the Cameroon who does a pretty decent trade in buying older stuff here for shipping back over to Africa.

wwaswas

so is your campervan for sale?

[womans voice]

It might be, leave me your phone number.

[/womans voice]

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s my campervan now, Dave…

soobalias
    Free Member

lets be honest, that van is an eyesore

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member

Sounds like you’re in the habit of getting angry with your wife. I’d hate my partner to be afraid of me. I presume that you have control issues?

oh dear…actually very rude comment…

If you worked where I worked and saw some of the scams I see you’d probably change your minds…

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

grum – Member

Is the wife going to make a thread – what to do when your partner massively overreacts?

maybe 👿

wwaswas

If you worked where I worked and saw some of the scams I see

but you never thought to talk to your partner about the possibility before she was the ‘victim’ of a man handing over his phone number in exchange for a call explaining the van wasn’t for sale?

[edit] is this going the way you expected?

D0NK

over reaction if she didn’t give out any other info than her name.

I can see this thread escalating quickly.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is it true, though?

johndoh
    Free Member

Youd best show me how to do it…

Yeah right. My wife’d wax my arse if I tried it with her.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

but you never thought to talk to your partner about the possibility before she was the ‘victim’ of a man handing over his phone number in exchange for a call explaining the van wasn’t for sale?

we have an intercom fitted so we don’t have to open the door…we don’t do business/selling or buying on the door no matter what it is…and she should have said no its not…that’s all…

bencooper
    Free Member

and she should have said no its not…that’s all…

I find telling my other half what to say always goes well.

wwaswas

we don’t

She does, you don’t?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member

Is it true, though?

No ! so do one

edit] is this going the way you expected?

not really maybe I see the worst in people sometimes and specially when they knock at my door…

wwaswas

I see the worst in people sometimes and specially when they knock at my door

I think the reaction is more about how you’re talking about your partner, not about whoever she answered the door to?

She really did no harm and you seem to be disproportionately angry with her for doing no more than taking a message for you.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

No ! so do one

Oh dear. Are you getting cross?

roper
    Free Member

WackoAK
    Free Member

If you worked where I worked and saw some of the scams I see you’d probably change your minds…

I don’t see how that justifies being angry at your partner?

DezB
    Free Member

My wife once let TalkTalk in and nearly signed over all our phone and broadband because of their pressure selling.
    I wasn’t angry with her, but them… luckily, they returned to the door step a few days later… 😈

ton

the maddest I ever get with the wife is, frowning whilst shaking my head. 😀

wwaswas

frowning whilst shaking my head

Multi-tasking, I’m impressed.

I tend to frown and then shake my head 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

the maddest I ever get with the wife is, frowning whilst shaking my head.

Me too – but sometimes she catches me and then I am in the shit.

mugsys_m8

so ultimately you are saying what she did wrong was answer the door and speak to someone….

which in addition to many relevant comments above about it possibly being legitimate and the way you are planning to turn it into an argument makes me think uhuh…….best get the biscuits in for this one.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

problem with internet and writing down things comes across the wrong way doesn’t it…

She really did no harm and you seem to be disproportionately angry with her for doing no more than taking a message for you.

point taken on that but if the intercom was used then there is no possibility of anything bad ever happening…most important things in my house are my family not the possessions…and bad stuff happens you have to be naïve to think it doesn’t… so if I get angry or peed off its because the most valuable things are my family…

ton

Me too – but sometimes she catches me and then I am in the shit.

snap……. 😆

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

oh and did I mention that mother in laws best friend had her throat slit at the door by a door to door sales man nutter…no…so that’s why I get a bit funny…

bencooper
    Free Member

So you’ve told your wife not to answer the door to anyone?

I live in one of the dodgier parts of Glasgow, there have been murders at both ends of our road, but we still leave our front door unlocked when we’re home. I think you’re massively over-reacting and more than a little controlling.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I am still not sure how it could be a scam?

If any sale was done in a sensible manner, in the same way you would sell a car through Autotrader or similar?

If he was really up to no good, surely he wouldn’t of knocked on but waited until you were both out and nicked it?

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

the maddest I ever get with the wife is, frowning whilst shaking my head.

I enjoy trying to frown and smile at the same time!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

So you’ve told your wife not to answer the door to anyone?

of course not but to use the INTERCOM…rather than actually open the door…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Give you £50 for the Van..
    Take it off yer hands like..
    Since you’re not using it like..
    Seems a bit untidy in a few places..
    Ok, let me revise that figure £40 tops..

Should I ask your Wife first? 😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

aside from the mrandmrstrackworld debate…

I’d call his bluff and see if what the scam is perhaps contact the local police/trading standards, theres vunerable people getting conned all the time, if he’s scum help remove him from the streets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Reaction at when your partner does something totally stupid content…’ is closed to new replies.