Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Re-waterproofing Shimano MW81 boots
  • amt27
    Free Member

used these on a road ride today, the last 45 mins was on wet road, feet got soaked,

owned for 12 months, have experienced wet feet before but only when going over ankle deep in a puddle, so water seeps through the ankle collar to the feet, fair enough, but today was coming in everywhere

is it possible to re-waterproof them? any products on the market? or could I claim they are faulty?

these were my fav product of the last 12 months, no hassle with seal skins and overshoes, but today they just performed like an average non mesh vented shoe

Vortexracing

I use dubbin, not only waterproofs them but keeps them soft and supple

Onzadog
    Free Member

You could treat the surface to stop the material wetting out. However, if they are letting water in, then the gore tex “sock” in the shoes isn’t doing what it’s supposed to. You could test them by filling them with water, sitting them in the bath and see if it leaks out. They could probably do with a good rinse now anyway.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Worried about this now as I’ve just bought a pair.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

They are gore-tex non? If they are wetting out through the membrane then the membrane is f00ked, arguably faulty in that case.

Grim
    Free Member

Are you sure that the water was not just running down your legs into the boots? It sounds as if the water would have been spraying onto your legs from your front tyre.

Grim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Re-waterproofing Shimano MW81 boots’ is closed to new replies.