Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Re-watching films
  • Cougar

Loads, but Predator is a cert, soon as it comes on I can’t not watch. And First Blood.

First Blood is a quality movie that most people have never seen. It’s the Terminator to T2, the Alien to Aliens. Good shout.

Under the skin

I watched this the other day, and thought it was bobbins. It’s a Film Four outing and it’s patently obvious even if you didn’t know*, has no plot to speak of and its USP is that Scarlett Johansson gets her puppies out. It’s essentially a b-movie Species.

(* – not that Film Four movies are inherently bad, I love plenty of them, but it wasn’t exactly the Hollywood blockbuster I was expecting.)

wiggles
    Free Member

as no plot to speak of and its USP is that Scarlett Johansson gets her puppies out

*adds to list of films to watch*

stuey
    Free Member

I get drawn in by 80’s John Carpenter: Big trouble in little china ,The thing etc.

Cougar

I get drawn in by 80’s John Carpenter: Big trouble in little china ,The thing etc.

Escape From New York is one of my all-time favourites. I could watch it then immediately rewatch it.

stuey
    Free Member

“Snake Plissken… I’ve heard of you. I heard you were dead!”

eddie11
    Free Member

groundhog day and lost in translation. They don’t really have a plot just bill murray showboating for an hour and a half, thats always watchable.

blues brothers and trainspotting got some hammer as a student

i watched mad max and get carter as a double header once on TV far too young as a kid. blew my mind. can always watch those again.

watch roger rabbit 100 times and try and find fault with any of the animation, its an absolute masterpiece and all pre cgi.

wiggles
    Free Member

As a result of this thread I am watching The Big Leweboski (or O Grande Lewbowski as it is on netflix for some reason) white russian in hand (no j though unfortunately…)

Just finished it, as good as it was the first 10 times. Also got a bit keen on the white russians for a school night and run out of Kahlua 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Re-watching films’ is closed to new replies.